new Kioti CK4010H at the World Ag Expo

/ new Kioti CK4010H at the World Ag Expo #1  

dfkrug

Tractor
05 Kioti CK30HST w/ Prairie Dog backhoe, XN08 mini-X
Just got back from the World Ag Expo in Tulare, CA. 75F and sunny, but
the usual horrible stench of cattle effluent.

Anyway, here is the new Kioti. As usual, no one was there who know the fun
technical details.

The brochure seems to indicate the engine is 39.6hp, gross, but has the
same engine as the CK3510H (3FTH4U) . Probably wrong.

Anyway, there seems to be nothing in common with the old CK30/35, from
the outside, anyway. The new KL4010 loader is specced at 1835# max at
full height, which is a fantastic improvement.

The fuel tank is in the back behind the seat, like the old CK20, which is a
bummer for mounting a backhoe. It sticks WAY out back.

Maybe someone will buy one of these and tell us what the service manual
says about the implement pump flow and pressure? As usual, you have got to
dig for this important spec.

Attachments

• CK4010H.jpg
    CK4010H.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 622
   / new Kioti CK4010H at the World Ag Expo #2  
Nice looking little tractor with a 40hp! Did they have a price on it?
I don't see how the fuel tank is a problem.. Easy to fill without scratching the shiny hood.

/ new Kioti CK4010H at the World Ag Expo #3  
Nice looking little tractor with a 40hp! Did they have a price on it?
I don't see how the fuel tank is a problem.. Easy to fill without scratching the shiny hood.

Unless one has a backhoe or any 3Pt implements on back. No toolbox either.

/ new Kioti CK4010H at the World Ag Expo
Did they have a price on it?
I don't see how the fuel tank is a problem.. Easy to fill without scratching the
shiny hood.

The price was not on it, but there are TBN pricing reports for at least the CK3510.
My guess is you are looking at 20K-ish for an HST unit with FEL.

You can see the backhoe seat in the above photo. A rear fuel tank keeps you from
installing the hoe very close in to the rear of the tractor. The tank was relocated,
I assume, so they could add the Tier4 soot-cooker where the old tank was.

I don't know if I can believe the weight specs in the brochure.....these new CKs are
listed at 300# less than the CK30/35 that they replace. I DO like the smaller
footprint/weight vs. the larger DK40SE.

/ new Kioti CK4010H at the World Ag Expo #5  
The CK4010 is very similar to the CK3510 and the really new CK2510. The fuel tank is easy to fill, albeit a little awkward with 5 gal cans, standing on my boxblade or BH (the BH seat tilts forward for easy access to the fuel cap). My CK3510 puts out 11 gpm, I think 12 gpm on the CK4010 for implements. The CK10 series is not "a replacement" or "stripped down" version of the CK series, they are the new tier-4 models with their own set of various attributes and options. They do run a little lighter than the older models, but can carry the weight of heavier implements and loads, so total weight including all your options needs to be considered.

My CK3510 puts out 11 gpm, I think 12 gpm on the CK4010 for implements.
The CK10 series is not "a replacement" or "stripped down" version of the CK series...

According to Kioti reps this year and last year at the World Ag Expo, the CK2510H is the replacement
for the old CK20H, and the CK3510 replaces the CK35H. Very significant redesign, apparently, with
what may be lighter weight and lower hydraulic flow.

As usual, Kioti is shy about publishing their hyd flow and pressure #s....the brochure lists 11.7GPM
total flow, which includes both implement pump and PS pump. You have to get the service manual
for the implement pump spec.

Specs for the new FEL indicate that the implement pump pressure may be retained from the CK35
at 2560psi.

If the PS pump runs at least 3.5GPM, we are looking at somewhat lower for the implement pump, vs
the old CK's 8.3GPM.

/ new Kioti CK4010H at the World Ag Expo #7  
In your photo it looks as if the 3pt hitch draft links are non-extendable, unlike what I had on a DK40SE and tons of competing tractors. Is that right - are they fixed with no extendable ends? Seems like a major drawback for tiny cost savings if so.

The fuel tank location is meh. I didn't like having it over the engine and potentially spilling fuel onto the engine, not to mention the awkwardness of reaching the filler with a full 5gal fuel can. This setup looks like it has its own awkwardness though. Makes me miss my Deere 5105 that had a rear tank with fillers on both sides, quite far out so you didn't have to reach over much. But still high in the air.

/ new Kioti CK4010H at the World Ag Expo #8  
I like the side by side HST pedals...I also was told the lift capacity is up to 1,800lbs.

In your photo it looks as if the 3pt hitch draft links are non-extendable, unlike what I had on a DK40SE and tons of competing tractors. Is that right - are they fixed with no extendable ends? Seems like a major drawback for tiny cost savings if so.

Yeah, kinda looks that way. The extendable arms are a big benefit, and my old CK has them. I wonder
what other cost-saving measures are incorporated.

Modernizing the old CKs to left-brake-pedal and no foot clutch a la DK-SE tractors is a plus, IMO.

/ new Kioti CK4010H at the World Ag Expo #10  
I'm pretty sure the right 3pt draft link is adjustable. It's not like my CK35 with the hand crank, but like a turn buckle similar to the toplink. Its cad plated in the picture.
Also, Kioti is using the 1.8l engine block in all the CK10 series and turbocharged in the NX series right up to the 60. This excludes the CK2610 which has the 1.6l CK35 engine block.