New Kioti CK2610 HST- A few problems

/ New Kioti CK2610 HST- A few problems #21  
Bobcat 2025 here, 53 hours. (very similar kioti made). My HST selector is notchy from new, but never fails to shift. I definitely give either F or R pedal a little punch if it is stiff. I shift constantly since you have to be in neutral/brake lock to jump off the tractor. I am always opening field gates so I shift many times every time i use the tractor. Maybe your linkage is not adjusted properly? Coincidentally, i have a little more of a fight shifting between 2 and 4wd. Need to be on level drive, sometimes a bit of drive pedal pressure to get it to switch. agree leak needs to be addressed.

/ New Kioti CK2610 HST- A few problems #22  
I spoke with the dealer - he had a couple thoughts (besides this being a common problem)
  • do *not* use the clutch. He said on the larger ck10's there is not even a clutch lever at all ... his take was it's basically an "Oh ****" lever - disconnects everthing.
  • he volunteered what i read from other posters here, put gentle pressure on the gear selector (no clutch) and _gently_ press a small amount on the FWD or REV pedal - you'll feel the gear cleanly engage as the shaft spins (very slowly).
I had decent luck trying this, although i definitely made it grind a couple times, which does not sound good at all :(

/ New Kioti CK2610 HST- A few problems #23  
It’ll get better with age, mine was hard at first, and now with 200 hrs, very rarely does it not want to go right in. And the rare few times it doesn’t, just use the method above with light pressure on one of the pedals.

/ New Kioti CK2610 HST- A few problems #24  
I spoke with the dealer - he had a couple thoughts (besides this being a common problem)
  • do *not* use the clutch. He said on the larger ck10's there is not even a clutch lever at all ... his take was it's basically an "Oh ****" lever - disconnects everthing.
  • he volunteered what i read from other posters here, put gentle pressure on the gear selector (no clutch) and _gently_ press a small amount on the FWD or REV pedal - you'll feel the gear cleanly engage as the shaft spins (very slowly).
I had decent luck trying this, although i definitely made it grind a couple times, which does not sound good at all :(

I find that "tapping" or bumping my foot on one of the pedals works great. (Kind of like keeping the beat of a song with your foot.) Not actually trying to depress the pedal, but letting the small impact jog the HST pump.

/ New Kioti CK2610 HST- A few problems #25  
I find that "tapping" or bumping my foot on one of the pedals works great. (Kind of like keeping the beat of a song with your foot.) Not actually trying to depress the pedal, but letting the small impact jog the HST pump.
I do the same thing. I just accept it. Seems perfectly normal to me. Not a 2nd thought

/ New Kioti CK2610 HST- A few problems #26  
I'm coming up on 180 hrs and it's much easier to shift now than when new.
Patrick