New kid, Southern California

/ New kid, Southern California #1  

davrow

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kioti CK27HST
Hi all,

Just got six acres of desert land. Looking to get a small tractor, especially interested in a Kubota BX, probably a 25. Not many for sale in my neck of the woods. It will be pretty light use. We need to landscape, put in proper drainage, put in a driveway. Do a little grading and dirt moving. No trees, mostly any rocks will stay where they are. :D

New to having land. All hellos and advice welcome.

Dave

/ New kid, Southern California #2  
If I had near-flat land, I would have a B, not a BX. I needed the lower center of gravity. About the same price, but the BX is the better mower and the B is the better tractor, in my opinion.

Bruce

/ New kid, Southern California #3  
G'day Dave and welcome to TBN from Downunder.

6 acres is a lot of land to someone from the city (what we call the 'Big Smoke' :)) Enjoy!

/ New kid, Southern California #5  
Hi all,

Just got six acres of desert land. Looking to get a small tractor, especially interested in a Kubota BX, probably a 25. Not many for sale in my neck of the woods. It will be pretty light use. We need to landscape, put in proper drainage, put in a driveway. Do a little grading and dirt moving. No trees, mostly any rocks will stay where they are. :D

New to having land. All hellos and advice welcome.

Dave

Dave, how far east is your property? Before you go all the way up to Escondido to look at the Kubotas, go into El Cajon and take a look at the John Deeres. ;)

/ New kid, Southern California
Dave, how far east is your property? Before you go all the way up to Escondido to look at the Kubotas, go into El Cajon and take a look at the John Deeres. ;)

Now that's the kind of advice I was hoping joining up here could get me!

My land is out by Anza, between Temecula and Palm Springs. But I'm still working in Kearny Mesa. El Cajon is close, so I'll do as you suggest. But I'm in Escondido a couple times a week, so not too much trouble to look there, too. :)

Thanks, MtnViewRanch!

/ New kid, Southern California #7  
Now that's the kind of advice I was hoping joining up here could get me!

My land is out by Anza, between Temecula and Palm Springs. But I'm still working in Kearny Mesa. El Cajon is close, so I'll do as you suggest. But I'm in Escondido a couple times a week, so not too much trouble to look there, too. :)

Thanks, MtnViewRanch!

Since you are up in north county, forget about JD in El Cajon and just go to the one in Escondido. Same dealer. You might want to look at the Massey-John Deere dealer up in Valley Center also. I would seriously consider a tractor bigger than a Kubota BX or John Deere 1000 series though.

Good luck with your research and feel free to ask any questions that you might have. ;)