New Implements

/ New Implements #1  

PTRich

Gold Member
Tractor
Power Trac PT425
I noticed some new implements on the price sheet at Power Trac. A 9" mini hoe and a boom mower. I wish they would update the pictures for there attatchments

/ New Implements #2  
Anyone got any more info on that mini-hoe. I wonder if it is something like the Lackender hoe??? For $900 bucks, it sounds tempting if so...

/ New Implements #3  
I just talked to PT today about this. The one in production now does not have a hydraulic cylinder. They have plans to introduce one with the hydraulic cylinder in about a month, according to Sean (or is it Shawn?). Hope this helps.

/ New Implements #4  
I haven't seen the PT hoe, but , as many of you know, have a Lackender for my 1845. I would be surprised if a hoe without a curl cylinder would be very good. The real strength of mine is when the bucket is curled, not when it is drawn back with the PT's hydraulics. There is much more force available with the bucket curl cylinder.
In addition, I have a thumb on the hoe, which wouldn't work without the bucket curl.
Unless it's an easy retrofit, therefore, I'd advise waiting until PT adds a cylinder.

/ New Implements #5  
I saw some hoes like that in the Northern catalog. One had a cylinder and one did not. The one with out the cylinder seemed like more of a trench scraper. It would seem that you would have to do quite a bit of foot work to move the tractor back and forth to get it to dig well.

/ New Implements #6  
I think as soon as Mr. Bubenberg gets a report back from Randy Lackender re an easy installation for the Baby Boomer, it would make sense to buy from him. At this point, Lackender has (1) A hoe with a hydraulic bucket, (2) Experience with this type of product, (3) Satisfied TBN customers who can attest to the quality of the product and (4) Pictures of the product on his web site. Oh yeah, and (5) a thumb attachment.

The only negative thing that I can think of is the rather obtuse way one must proceed to get it set up for the PT (order a quick attach plate from PT, ship it to him, get the proper quick connect couplers for the auxillary hydraulics, get a 1/4" to 1/2" adapter. Yikes). Maybe when Hans gets through with him, Randy can just send out a PT-ready hoe. Is this too much to hope for?