New House Guest

/ New House Guest #1  

weldingisfun

Veteran Member
Tractor
Mahindra 4500 4WD w/FEL, and Scotts S2048 lawn tractor
This little critter showed up earlier this week and it seems content to stay around. He wanders in and around the goats picking up things from the ground. On his left leg is a band with the name EASLEY and the number 438. I called every Easley in the local phone book but, no takers. If you should happen to know where he came from give me a shout. Oh yeh, it turned out to be a pretty nice picture.

Attachments

• Pigeon.jpg
    Pigeon.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 287
   / New House Guest #2  
My brother has a thing for pigions and has spent allot of money on them. Both in his coops and in buying birds. I don't get it, but there are allot of people who do. There are also quite a few websites on pigions just like TBN that you could google if you wanted to try that route.

Be sure that it doesn't start nesting on your home or any buildings. Once they have a nest built, they will poop there non stop!!!! I don't have anything against pigions, but will kill them if I find a nest on my house. The mess factor is just too great to ignore and leave them be.

Saying that, I have several wrens and bluebirds that have nests with babies in them right now in my lean-to. I enjoy those birds, I don't have any poop issues and I'm perfectly happy to let them raise their babies in peace.

Eddie

/ New House Guest #3  
I use pigeons in my bird dog training business and they can't be beat! I don't shoot them, after the dog points them they fly back to their coop to work another day. We use both commons and homers, the commons learn to trap back if they are born in the pen.
My FIL has worked with pigeons for years, I will ask him how to find the owner by the name and number on the tag.:)

/ New House Guest
Thanks Oleozz, I would appreciate that. The bird is still hanging around and just as Eddie said it is pooping on everything. I really don't want to dispose of it if there is a chance of finding its owner. If they can't be found, the bird will become history.