New House Build in WV

/ New House Build in WV #541  
IMG_6030.JPG

/ New House Build in WV
Hampshire.

This lot is flat on most of it, would make a nice baseball field. Gorgeous view from north - east- south. West view is pear trees.
View attachment 761051

I’ve been through Hampshirite several times and know a few people there. Some beautiful country there and not too far from some larger cities. Likely a nice place to retire to for sure.

/ New House Build in WV #543  
Condolences on your family's loss of your MIL.

Your place looks great, and your wifey looks happy on her horse!

/ New House Build in WV
Condolences on your family's loss of your MIL.

Your place looks great, and your wifey looks happy on her horse!

Thanks Kyle. Yes her horses definitely make her happy.

/ New House Build in WV
Started building a barn a couple weeks ago. Set the trusses today. Was able to rig up a boom pole on my tractor bucket to make setting a bit easier. 13’ walls so still took a little lifting to get them in place, but worked out very well.

Hopefully get it under roof in the next week or so.

IMG_8812.JPG

IMG_8813.JPG

/ New House Build in WV #546  
Nice barn sorry about the loss of MIL

/ New House Build in WV
Why 13 foot walls?

16’ posts, 3’ in the ground, and just decided to use as much of the post as possible. Also, figure I can come down a couple feet and build sheds off each side and still have good usable height in the sheds. That was my thinking anyway.

/ New House Build in WV #549  
Makes sense. I try to stick with what will cover the best. 12 foot walls is easy with three sheets of plywood. But if you are not using plywood, going as tall as possible is always a good thing!!

/ New House Build in WV
Makes sense. I try to stick with what will cover the best. 12 foot walls is easy with three sheets of plywood. But if you are not using plywood, going as tall as possible is always a good thing!!

Roof and sides will all be metal, interior will be rough cut, at least within the stalls. It’s a horse barn so it’s not likely to ever get a finished interior.

12’ was my original plan but figured I would get the extra foot at minimum extra cost. Pretty much the same amount of work either way.

Working on roof purlins today, but also going to ride horses so I’ll not be working too hard on it. Pretty mild weather for the 15 day forecast so taking it slow today won’t hurt anything.