Oil & Fuel New Holland TN75DA Bolt Head Sheared From Plate On Injection Pump Backside

/ New Holland TN75DA Bolt Head Sheared From Plate On Injection Pump Backside #1  

92GreenGT

Tractor
Tn75da
Hello,

I have a question about the Bosch injection pump on our TN75 tractor. There’s a plate near the bottom that’s held on with two bolts, there’s one of these plates that face out towards the wheel and one that faces towards the block on the “backside” of the pump. The other day while mowing hay the smell of fuel entered the cab all at once so shut the tractor down and discovered the plate on the block side hanging by one bolt that was extremely loose and the other MIA. Went and got new bolts only to discover when attempting to thread back in that one of the bolt heads had sheared off leaving the threaded part of the bolt down in the hole and I guess that put pressure on the other and it loosened up as well. There isn’t much room in there so I don’t see any way to remove that threaded bolt portion without removing the pump. I’ve read the timing instructions on the pump but I was mainly wondering if there is an easier way to remove the pump just to remove that bolt out of it so it can be replaced or if someone knew of a way to gain more access to that portion of the pump with it on the tractor so it didn’t have to be removed from the engine. Pump was removed and rebuilt and reinstalled by the dealer a few years ago. Not sure what caused the failure of the bolt but looking for any advice before I cost myself extra money/time because of not having all the information. Thanks in advance for any help

/ New Holland TN75DA Bolt Head Sheared From Plate On Injection Pump Backside #2  
Is there any way of using a mirror and right angle pick to see if you can rotate the rest of the broken bolt out?

/ New Holland TN75DA Bolt Head Sheared From Plate On Injection Pump Backside
It’s extremely tight in there, I’m about to go and get it home to see if it’s possible because removing that pump is last ditch effort really and would like to be avoided if possible. I assume there should be a gasket/seal in between the plate/cover and the pump. From looking online at diagram, if my source is up to date, it’s a CNH #9968113. I’m going to see if I can find out if it’s an o-ring type seal or a flat gasket type seal, my local dealer is an hour away and they probably won’t have it in stock but depending on what it is for sure I can probably come up with something once I get the broken bolt out. Thanks

/ New Holland TN75DA Bolt Head Sheared From Plate On Injection Pump Backside #4  
I can’t picture it..
Any chance in posting a diagram or a picture.??

/ New Holland TN75DA Bolt Head Sheared From Plate On Injection Pump Backside
That looks to be it, I circled the plate that came off. The bolt that sheared was the one on the right side of the plate in this pic

IMG_4595.jpeg

/ New Holland TN75DA Bolt Head Sheared From Plate On Injection Pump Backside #8  
Your scrude..
Inorder for that cover to snap a screw, it hadta be leaking fuel..
That cove is covering a piston..that piston has hammered the cover to the point where it sheared a screw..
Even if u got 2 new screws AND a cover along w it’s gasket, it’s still gonna leak fuel..
My suggestion is to get the 10 digit Bosch # off the pump and start looking for another..(ex: 0 460 424 079)
If u find one.. let us know before you get it.. I may be able to take the sting out of it..
And if u decide to go the other route, getting new parts.. you’ll need that 10 digit # for that too..
Good luck