New Holland TL90A Clutch Cable Replacement - Need Help

/ New Holland TL90A Clutch Cable Replacement - Need Help #1  

Blueacre2

Tractor
New Holland TL90A, Case 580 SL, International 574
The clutch cable on my TL90A tractor broke this morning while plowing the 10 inches of snow we got overnight neear Niagara Falls - the cable broke at the end that connects to the clutch pedal right where the threaded rod for adjusting the cable is crimped on the end of the cable. I have the full service manual for the tractor but I cant find anything on the clutch cable replacement Section 18 "Clutch" has the instructions on how to adjust the pedal height and free play but nothing on the cable replacement that I can find and I havent found it in any of the other sections so far.

I have to get the tractor inside this afternoon and the snow melted so I can have a look underneath - Does anyone know if the the cable connection to the clutch is accessible without removing any other parts or worst case having to split the tractor to get inside the clutch ?

Any suggestions or information on clutch cable replacement for this tractor will be greatly appreciated or even where to find the info in my manual if it exists.

thanks Gary

/ New Holland TL90A Clutch Cable Replacement - Need Help #2  
The lower end is outside the clutch housing on the left side. It is accessible from below.

/ New Holland TL90A Clutch Cable Replacement - Need Help
The lower end is outside the clutch housing on the left side. It is accessible from below.

Great, glad to hear that - do you know if there are any clamps or retainers along the length of the cable or is it just a matter of disconnecting both end and pulling the cable out ?
thanks
Gary

/ New Holland TL90A Clutch Cable Replacement - Need Help #4  
There should be no clamps other than the anchors at each end. You will be surprised how short the assembly is.

/ New Holland TL90A Clutch Cable Replacement - Need Help #5  
Just replaced mine yesterday.the new cable comes with ends and all you have to do is pull clip and pin. Remove the plug where it goes thru floor board. 15 min job

/ New Holland TL90A Clutch Cable Replacement - Need Help #6  
part number 82016868

/ New Holland TL90A Clutch Cable Replacement - Need Help
There should be no clamps other than the anchors at each end. You will be surprised how short the assembly is.

Got the cable out yesterday afternoon - just had to undo the pin on the clutch end and was able to pull it up through the floor after I pulled the floor mat back and removed the large grommet / rubber seal where it goes through the floor. Tied a wire on the bracket on the clutch end before I pulled it out so I will have something to pull the new one back in with.

There is a second cable on the clutch on the same mounting pin - it has a flat metal bracket with a long slot in it so it slide over the linkage pin until the clutch is almost fully depressed and then the cable is pulled a little bit at the end of the clutch stroke. Not sure what that one is for and if it needs to be adjusted ?