New Holland TC29

/ New Holland TC29 #1  

winston1

Tractor
Bobcat CT235
New to the New Holland forum but have been following Yanmar forum for several years. I am considering buying a used TC29. My main concern is availability of parts. Not talking filters but engine parts, drive train parts, etc. Are most parts available for the TC29? :confused3:

Any reviews on the TC29 good or bad? Thanks

/ New Holland TC29 #2  
That's pretty close to my '03 TC33D. It's actually covered in my manual so I guess it's the same platform.
Over 1000 trouble free hours so far. I recently had to replace the fuel return line (that's another story...self inflicted damage :( ) and I had the part from Messicks in just a few days.
There is a sticky post at the top of this forum that details a fix for a weak starting circuit design but it's pretty cheap to do.
You didn't mention what year.

/ New Holland TC29
Owner thought it was an 01 but wasn't certain. Snow on the ground here today so not sure just when I will make the 124 mile trip to take a look.

The New Holland is not the only one with a weak starting circuit design. I just installed a relay on a John Deere 1050 which is not uncommon.

Thanks for your response. Thought I would attach the ad for comments. New Holland TC-29. 4x4

Just scanned a long long thread about breaking engine casting on a tc33 when using a loader. Please tell me this is unusual.:confused3:

Last edited:
   / New Holland TC29 #4  
New to the New Holland forum but have been following Yanmar forum for several years. I am considering buying a used TC29. My main concern is availability of parts. Not talking filters but engine parts, drive train parts, etc. Are most parts available for the TC29? :confused3:

Any reviews on the TC29 good or bad? Thanks

Parts available from Messick's and New Holland. I bought my TC29DA last year and love it. I have ten inches of fresh powder to plow this morning.

/ New Holland TC29 #5  
I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong but from what I understand the tractors that have had this issues are rare and some will note that they have had a 3-point backhoe, a severe over abused life, or under torqued loader attachment bolts.
Either way from my research before buying my Case DX33 Farmall (same as TC33DA) this can happen to any tractor where the frame is integrated into the engine/transmission housing.

I love my tractor, good luck in your search!

Owner thought it was an 01 but wasn't certain. Snow on the ground here today so not sure just when I will make the 124 mile trip to take a look.

The New Holland is not the only one with a weak starting circuit design. I just installed a relay on a John Deere 1050 which is not uncommon.

Thanks for your response. Thought I would attach the ad for comments. New Holland TC-29. 4x4

Just scanned a long long thread about breaking engine casting on a tc33 when using a loader. Please tell me this is unusual.:confused3:

/ New Holland TC29 #6  
I have a 2001 TC29D and have had no issues with it. And as far as parts other than filters to battery I have not had to buy any. It has been a very reliable tractor for me.