New Holland TC25 No Start/No crank

/ New Holland TC25 No Start/No crank #1  

JStewart21

Tractor
New Holland TC25
Hello, I have a TC 25 and wife was running it. She said it bogged down and quit. No start/no crank. Have key on dash lights. Jumped switches, cleaned battery, and all good. Jumped solenoid to starter, tractor cranks, but will not start. Is there a kill switch that will cause tractor to stall and not start that I'm missing? If it was a fuel issue, it would simply crank no start? Any input would be welcome. Thanks!

Last edited:
   / New Holland TC25 No Start/No crank #2  
You must be missing a safety switch.

/ New Holland TC25 No Start/No crank #3  
With my TC40DA the safety system allows it to crank but shuts off the fuel solenoid unless all conditions are met: PTO off, in neutral, and someone in the seat or parking brake on. Since it was running when it died was the PTO on? If so did you turn the PTO off? I have made that mistake before.

/ New Holland TC25 No Start/No crank
HI Randy,

Thanks for the follow up. The PTO is not on and there is a light on the dash when it is engaged. Since that light is not on, Im assuming this safety switch is ok. Im in agreement that theres a switch somewhere that I'm missing.

Thanks!

/ New Holland TC25 No Start/No crank #5  
Look underneath the rear fender wells for a connector that came apart. If going thru high grass and brush something can catch it and pop it apart. That can also cause a no start issue.

/ New Holland TC25 No Start/No crank #6  
@JStewart21 - On the TC series I believe the seat switch and the parking brake switch will not stop the engine from turning over, so being you have a "No Crank" situation... I would rule those two out for now. (they kill the fuel solenoid but the tractor will still crank / turn over).

Does your PTO light stay "ON" in the keyed run position? If so did you check Fuse #2 (might be fuse #1 depending on model) yet?
If fuse 2 (or 1) is blown, your engine will not crank over and the PTO ON lamp will stay illuminated constantly on the dash with the key on no matter if the PTO lever is engaged or not.

Make sure you check the PTO safety switch, to see if it is working properly when the PTO lever is disengaged (both rear & mid if so equipped). You can do an easy preliminary test on the PTO Switch by turn the key to the on position & engaging & disengaging the PTO Level... if the light is going on & off it is most likely working.

If not a fuse... The other two things that are known to cause a no crank issue are either the neutral safety or pto safety interlocks are open... both of these will cause the starter motor will not crank issue.

If the tractor was going through some light brush... & the TC25 is like some of the other NH's the wires to the Neutral Safety Switch might have come disconnected under the operator platform... I would try & look there first.