new holland haybaler

/ new holland haybaler #1  

rsquirrel

Tractor
565 neww holland square baler
I'm new here and trying to be my own mechanic when it comes to machinery but I guess everybody needs a little advice ( actually I need a lot) I'm young and trying my best but I'm sure with some much needed knowledge from some other friends, I will make out good. my New Holland square baler sheared a pin so I put the new pin in and know when I started it up, it worked fine for a little while and then it stopped like the stopper was stopping the forks from going up. I don't know it I described this right but if you have questions m please ask. I want to learn all about this type of machinery. please help

/ new holland haybaler #2  
Sounds like it's out of time to me. You need to invest in an owners manual or shop manual.

/ new holland haybaler #3  
Your 'forks' are "needles". Your 'stopper' is the "plunger". Watch a youtube video on how any baler's mechanisms work.

BTW: by being from Nowhere you loose out on help that might be nearby. Who knows what happened but somewhere along the line a chain might have slipped a tooth and now the safety stops are saving you some big money because of this. A manual will guide you thru the timing procedure.

/ new holland haybaler #4  
What model baler do you have ? (565 ?) Your description matches the previous posters advice. Either the baler is out of time or the brake on the knotter is slipping. This means the needle latch is stopping the plunger arm, breaking the shear bolt.... AND saving your needles (Expensive) from being broken by the plunger.

/ new holland haybaler #5  
Probably an oldie like a Hayliner. Don't matter though, they all operate the same, new or old. Just the newer ones have better, wider pickups and the throughput is much better and the newer ones have eliminated the chains in favor of gear drive knotter stacks.

In all the years I had my 575 high capacity, I never broke a shear bolt, because it never jumped time. It's gone, sold it on Tractor House in 2 days. Not replacing it either.

/ new holland haybaler #6  
oops I see it's a 565. There are many variations of the 565 in existence, depending on year manufactured.

/ new holland haybaler #7  
Welcome to the forum! We all had to start somewhere.
I'm going to move this thread over to our New Holland section.
🚜