New Holland/Ford

/ New Holland/Ford #1  

Robert O'Linn

Tractor
Don't Own Shopping For One
Are New Holland and Ford related? Looking at New Holland's

/ New Holland/Ford #3  
Now you know how the two brands are related. I believe some models of the New Holland tractors (perhaps all?) are manufactured by LS who manufactures for several other brands as well.

/ New Holland/Ford #5  
1986 or so Ford Motor Company bought New Holland and formed Ford New Holland, Fiat bough FNH and was allowed to use the Ford name for a bit but not the emblem until late 90s or so. I remember driving 5030, 6635 & 7740 all were solid blue with New Holland decals and emblem, but small Ford name on the panel by the radiator. Drove an older 7840 and it was Ford name and emblem, no New Holland.

/ New Holland/Ford #7  
Always kinda liked the NH/Genesis tractors with the 7.8L and the Funk full powershift. The funky blue interior of the cab was a time warp to say the least. The red FIAT AGRI versions were identical but red!

/ New Holland/Ford #8  
My NH mini excavator was made in Italy.
Maybe it varies by each model farm tractor where they are made? could all be assembled in the US.

"By the 2000s, CNH had several manufacturing plants in the U.S., plus plants in Britain, France, Austria, Brazil, Australia, Uzbekistan and China."

/ New Holland/Ford #9  
Now you know how the two brands are related. I believe some models of the New Holland tractors (perhaps all?) are manufactured by LS who manufactures for several other brands as well.
New Holland brand COMPACT TRACTORS are made by LS in Korea. I expect one reason for the cross-brand arrangement is that both brands are blue.

The big-ag tractors are New Holland, perhaps some made in USA and some outside USA.

Last edited:
   / New Holland/Ford #10  
CNH also have plants all over. Few made here.