New Holland 451 or Gribaldi & Salvia 394 sickle bar mowers

/ New Holland 451 or Gribaldi & Salvia 394 sickle bar mowers #1  

peteinohio

Tractor
Kubota
I'm in the market for a sickle bar mower and am currently looking at the Gribaldi & Salvia Superior 394 and a New Holland 451. I've been told both are good mowers but that the NH 451 may not fit my Kubota DT3000. Supposedly, there's a clearance issue. Does anyone have any specific info on those two working together? If not do you have any reasons why I'd want one over the other concerning ease of maintenance, ease of use or parts availability?

/ New Holland 451 or Gribaldi & Salvia 394 sickle bar mowers #2  
I've never heard of the Italian sickle cutter nor the company that made it before. I've seen more than a few used New Holland 451s around though. NH also made the 456 which is basically the 451 on a drawn caddy, that would solve the hookup issues as you just pull it with a drawbar rather than mount it to the 3 point. I haven't run a plain sickle from New Holland but I have run a sickle Haybine and it was the hay cutter to get back in the day. A quick look at New Holland's parts website shows that most of the parts of the 451/456 sickle are still available.

/ New Holland 451 or Gribaldi & Salvia 394 sickle bar mowers
I did buy the Gribaldi and Salvia unit It did have some broken rock guards and it has many grease points. Parts are available though. So far not a problem.