New holland 450 sickle

/ New holland 450 sickle #1  

Paul3139

Tractor
Ford 5610
A guy down the road from me gave me a 450 sickle mower. On the back of the drive pulley, instead of having the standard belt guard, it has a drum with a 6 spline shaft for running another implement. Anyone know what kind of attachment is supposed to be used? I can't find any info and no one I've talked to has any idea.

/ New holland 450 sickle #2  
I think they made a conditioner that would attach.

/ New holland 450 sickle #4  
There would have also been a conditioner pin hitch on the back of the mower that may have been removed over time. Ken Sweet

/ New holland 450 sickle #5  
A guy down the road from me gave me a 450 sickle mower.

These normally go for $500-1500-2000or more depending on condition. That is a heck of a good price!!

I just missed a good one at a great price at an auction. A 450 with original paint an just about zero rust sold for $228.00 at a recent auction. Never beat up and complete with zero welds.

I stopped in to look at the guys stuff a day before the auction and there was quite a few people checking things out and the next day did not want to drive the hour drive so passed.

/ New holland 450 sickle
Yeah, he just wanted it out of his way and kind of insisted I take it when I commented on it lol. It's far from pristine but it works just fine. I've been looking for pictures of the conditioner and Haven't had any luck. Any suggestions?

/ New holland 450 sickle #7  
Yeah, he just wanted it out of his way and kind of insisted I take it when I commented on it lol. It's far from pristine but it works just fine. I've been looking for pictures of the conditioner and Haven't had any luck. Any suggestions?

The conditioners were small bitty little things. The number were 402, 403 and 404 and maybe some others and generally sell quite cheap. I thiknk they would be cool for a small horse farm. There is always a bunch for sale on tractorhouse and ehay.

Is there a hitch on the back of your mower? Here is a 450 with the hitch on the back

new_holland_450_sickle_bar_mower_1900_spring_tx_11092191.jpg

C06-2552.jpg

Last edited: