Buying Advice New Hollad TC35 or LS 3033

/ New Hollad TC35 or LS 3033 #1  

Patrickdozer

Tractor
LS G3033 / Bobcat 328G mini
Going to look at a TC 35 New Holland on Monday. 1500Hrs 04 model with Curtis cab and heat. front end loader with hydro trans. Asking 13,900.

Just discovered another contender today, this being a LS 3033 with loader and 12x12 trans I am assuming is a shuttle shift. Not sure of year but believe 2-3 years old. 3 years of warranty left, 264 hours on machine, no cab. This is a private deal asking 10K.

I am thinking that the LS would be the obvious choice, it wouldn't have a cab but that is not a major must have.

I am not familiar with LS and what there prices are. I have heard that LS makes New Holland but do not know what years or models.
I plan on looking at this LS on Monday also. So I will have an idea of which way to go.

So I would appreciate any feedback pertaining to the LS as I don't want to pull the trigger on this based on price if it is not worth the money.
I think the price for New Holland is fair, but would haggle on price. And now the LS has thrown a wrench in the works. Thank You Patrick.

/ New Hollad TC35 or LS 3033 #2  
LS makes the Boomer series of New Holland tractors. LS is a fantastic tractor. I own one and have been very pleased with it. The warranty is a big plus in my opinion. Have you checked to see how close the nearest LS dealer is to you?

/ New Hollad TC35 or LS 3033
I have checked 48 miles for closest dealer and there is another same distance or slightly more. Called and talked to dealer and made sure that they were still in business and 2 asked about parts availability. He had told me that they have good parts availability and can receive them quit quickly.

I asked the LS salesman about being able to go to New Holland for parts and he said that he could cross reference most parts for me but was unsure if New Holland could do same.

I have a New Holland dealer about 20 miles from me which is half the distance. I am sure the will be able to help also. This dealer is on this site and they have treated me quit well in the past, so I believe I should be ok.

Also was told that there are forks, blade, counterweight, and a saw for extra grand so the deal seems to be getting better.

/ New Hollad TC35 or LS 3033 #4  
Your in Grantville PA? You might want to take a ride down RT924 and check out the Kioti dealer. They are located on the right side just a few miles down from the interstate. I guess you would call that Annville.

Thanks Paul. I will keep that in mind. I am going to look at the LS tonight which is a private deal. Ran out of time last night so had to wait till this evening but if everything looks ok when I see it I will pull the trigger on it. This seems like a good deal for the price.

Looked at NH yesterday and wasn't wanting to take the risk with it. There was an oil leak which I couldn't tell where was coming from. Radiator looked like it was plugged up pretty good, so I am Leary as to whether it may have been over heated. Lift arms would not go back up and pto would not engage plus steering column was busted. Salesman said he didn't want to clean up unless I was buying. And if things would get fixed price would go up. I had the option to put an offer in as is but I don't want to take that gamble since I can't look it over as close as id like and do not know if everything is a quick fix. So it was a bust on my 300 mile round trip!!!

/ New Hollad TC35 or LS 3033 #6  
. . .

Looked at NH yesterday and wasn't wanting to take the risk with it. There was an oil leak which I couldn't tell where was coming from. Radiator looked like it was plugged up pretty good, so I am Leary as to whether it may have been over heated. Lift arms would not go back up and pto would not engage plus steering column was busted. Salesman said he didn't want to clean up unless I was buying. And if things would get fixed price would go up. I had the option to put an offer in as is but I don't want to take that gamble since I can't look it over as close as id like and do not know if everything is a quick fix. So it was a bust on my 300 mile round trip!!!

Your trip was a bust but you learned something important. You learned one dealer to never do business with. The guy was too lazy to even clean it up unless he knew you were buying?!?! What an idiot.

Good luck on the LS you're looking at. Hopefully, it will be in good shape.

Everything seemed ok. I looked it over a few times. Did not see any leaks, I did not see anything bent or broken nor abused. So it ended up following me home and I am know proud owner of a LS.

/ New Hollad TC35 or LS 3033 #10  
Cool beans. It should be a good tractor for you.

I hope you realize that posting pics of the new tractor is the price you pay for all the free advice here on TBN. So pony up the pics. :D