New Guy on the Block

/ New Guy on the Block #1  

DelW

Tractor
PT2425 trailer package with a couple extra attachments
After 3 1/2 months of reading virtually every current Power Trac post I could find, I'm finally ready to "come out of the closet," uh...as that pertains to this forum only ! I happened upon TBN when doing a search for compact tractors and what an eye-opening experience it's been. Now I've got MossRoad, Charlie_Iliff, davesisk, martt, bubenberg, and all the others I've missed, to blame for what will probably be a major purchase in the next 3 weeks. It will most likely be a 2425 trailer package with a couple other attachments. At first I was looking at a 1430 or 2445 until I did some checking with the local landscape guys who all had the large equipment but could use some occasional help with a smaller unit. In my business, I have need of mostly post/anchor hole drilling, lifting 60" to 72" basketball backboards for installations, moving large boxes of components, and pallets of flooring tile. My wife and I have scheduled a trip to Tazewell June 8 - 11, so it will be a VERY quick trip (1151 miles each way!). Thanks again, for all of your insightful comments and I hope to be able to add a few of my own once I have a Power Trac and some "seat time" on it.

/ New Guy on the Block #2  
Del,

Welcome aboard. I hope your trip to Va. goes well. I'll look forward to hearing about your new PT.

/ New Guy on the Block
Eric,

Thanks for the quick reply. Ever since the day I got a "better-than-expected" response from my wife, I keep getting more excited...and more frustrated for not already having it. A 2425 could be saving me a lot of frustration and hassle. To anyone else who might reply to this thread, I'll be mostly out for the weekend so I may not be able to reply right away. I'm guessing that MossRoad requires my having, or having access to, a digital camera to be a member of this forum. I do have the digital camcorder already but currently don't have any way of getting the video into my computer yet.

/ New Guy on the Block #4  
good luck with your purchase!

/ New Guy on the Block #5  
Del, great to hear that you joined this great bunch of PT owners. A couple of questions, when I read your thread you mentioned that you would be buying the 2425. What unit is this? I could not find a 2425 in the PT website and hope there is another PT tractor for me to look at for my decision buying. Notice you are in Sioux Falls, SD, I'm just a few more miles down the road from you.
I will be interested to hear more on the projects you plan on doing with your tractor, they sound very interesting.
Congratulations, you are very lucky young man.
PJ

/ New Guy on the Block #6  
Hey, welcome aboard!

<font color=blue>I'm guessing that MossRoad requires my having, or having access to, a digital camera to be a member of this forum.</font color=blue> /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

Heck no! /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ New Guy on the Block #7  
I only found info on the 2425 in the pricing section. Looks like a 2400 series with the 25HP Kohler.

Wait a minute, I found a link to it at the bottom of a page. It is stored under a 2422 web page. Here's the clickable link. <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.power-trac.com/pt2422.htm>http://www.power-trac.com/pt2422.htm</A>

/ New Guy on the Block #8  
Thanks MossRoad, now I remember seeing one when I visited PT at the SDF show last summer. For some reason my mind was thinking the 2425 did not have the backhoe. Sure do like the high lift.
PJ

/ New Guy on the Block #9  
The links don't work right on PT's site. Go look at the PT2465, then on the bottom on the page, click on 2400 series, then you'll get a page that allows you to got to 2465 or 2422.

Dave

/ New Guy on the Block #10  
Check out the price section they give a price for the 2425, they had a link posted on top for this unit as well!

KCook