New Grand L6060 HSTCC Tire Pressure

/ New Grand L6060 HSTCC Tire Pressure #1  

Hilbilly

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota Grand L6060HSTCC
I finally got the new L6060 tractor a week ago and have finally got around to going over a few things and getting it figured out. It now has 2.2 hrs on it. One thing that I noticed is the ride is MUCH harder than the Massey 1749 was and they both have the same R4 tire sizes. They are different Brands though. The Massey has Titans on the front and rear but the Kubota has Titan on the front and Firestone on the rear. I figured the harder ride was due to one of several possibilities, all related to the rear tires;

1) the Kubota tires are overinflated or
2) the Kubota was filled with too much Rimgard and there is no air pocket to absorb shock loads or
3) the Massey tires were underinflated.

I bought a liquid tire gauge and did some checking. The Kubota tires do have air above the top of the rim, although one of them seems to have slightly more liquid in it. And here is the surprise: The Kubota tires were inflated to 18psi from the dealer and the Massey tires were inflated to 7 psi. No wonder the Massey rode so much better. The tires on the Massey also looked better with the lower pressure because there was full tread contact at the bottom of the tire where as the Kubota tread does not come close to full tread width contact. I've dropped the Kubota (Firestone) rear tires to 12 psi and will give that a try.

Question to our members, with similar tractors and R4 tires, what do you run your rear tire pressure at? I use my tractor mainly for moving snow in the winter and moving dirt (FEL) in the summer and some minor flail mower work around the property. I'd guess 90% of the time the tractor is on gravel and the rest on dirt.