New GC1720

/ New GC1720 #1  

kennyd57

Tractor
Massey
Will be getting a new GC1720 Monday. Went to buy the new 1723 but they offered me a deal on the 1720 I could not pass up.
Never owned anything bigger than lawn tractor before. Dealer offered to fluid fill my rear tires for free. Any other gc owners have their tires filled. Are any issues or negative effects with filling them.

/ New GC1720 #2  
I wouldn’t fill them again. I don’t like the wobble ride in high range, a ballast box works fine. You can remove it if you don’t need it and add it if you do. Good luck with your new 1720, great tractors.

/ New GC1720 #3  
Congrats on the new tractor. pics are always nice. Getting any implements with it?

What is the dealer filling them with?

Filling the rears is a personal decision. Better stability while using the backhoe or working on slopes. It isn't a permanent option, if you don't like it, they can always be emptied. Adds a lot of weight for mowing, more chance of rutting if the ground is soft.

/ New GC1720
Thanks .Not sure. Said is was a non corrosive biodegradable stuff. Onlly thing I added was mid mount mower deck. Their not cheap.Will be adding bxpanded thumb for sure.

/ New GC1720 #5  
Congrats on your new tractor.
I would get it done. It is a very nice add.
like they said above you can always take it out if you wanted to.

I will be building a ballast box and I have loaded tires. I have a 1710.
I have the Bxpanded thumb very nice. The Bxpanded Piranha Tooth Bar is even a better add. It is a great add.

/ New GC1720 #6  
Congrats on the new tractor! Great little workhorse. I would definitely get the tires filled, especially if it's for free! Post some pics when you get it.

/ New GC1720 #7  
I second the piranha tooth bar, it is a must if you are going to dig your bucket into hard or rocky dirt piles. Also rips shrubbery up from the ground really easy. Filling the tires is one of the best options in my opinion. It gets the center of gravity even lower than a ballast box from the diagrams I have seen.

/ New GC1720 #8  
I second the piranha tooth bar, it is a must if you are going to dig your bucket into hard or rocky dirt piles. Also rips shrubbery up from the ground really easy. Filling the tires is one of the best options in my opinion. It gets the center of gravity even lower than a ballast box from the diagrams I have seen.

I also have a GC1720 with wheel weight and piranha tooth bar have about 160 Hr on it and all still working like new its a great machine.

/ New GC1720 #9  
What was the 1723 being offered at? I wouldn't mind those as the loader control is by your seat. Where as the 1720 you are getting the loader valve is much more forward and if you use the loader a lot you will get tired of leaning forward to run it.

What kind of deal did you get on the 1720

/ New GC1720 #10  
What was the 1723 being offered at? I wouldn't mind those as the loader control is by your seat. Where as the 1720 you are getting the loader valve is much more forward and if you use the loader a lot you will get tired of leaning forward to run it.

What kind of deal did you get on the 1720

My dealer had a 1723E, which I looked at before I bought my 1710 to see if I preferred one control over the other. I honestly don't mind the 1710's loader controls as I didn't feel I had to lean much to use it; all the 1710's controls fell to hand for me so I'm pretty comfortable there. Also, the cost difference between waiting for a 1723EB and taking the 1710 was big enough for me to take the 1710! :)