New furnace, air conditioner & water heater.

/ New furnace, air conditioner & water heater. #1  

coobie

Tractor
Kubota RTV 1100c, JD 740,Kioti DK 40 with KL401 loader .
Finally after 30 years of service from our Amana(80%) furnace we had it replaced.Never had one trouble call in all of that time.We figured it was time to get something more energy efficient ..We Had an American standard furnace,3 ton air conditioner and Rheem water heater installed.Hopefully they will be just as dependable..
tempImageSgVL3g.jpg
tempImageA7Yi4o.jpg

/ New furnace, air conditioner & water heater.
UPDATE my electric bills running my air conditioner have went from $195 per month to $140 with the new setup.Cannot complain..;)

/ New furnace, air conditioner & water heater. #3  
Guess geo thermal was no good for you? Could have gotten all 3 combined using geo thermal, e.g. high heat from geo can be used to heat hot water. Geo would work for both heating and AC.

/ New furnace, air conditioner & water heater. #4  
Looks like you have gas available. I'm all electric and also just had the AC replaced as well. Week before last was miserable. Temps inside the house hit 88. It all started when the thermostat went blank. I poked around and found the 24v transformer was DOA. Ordered a new one from Amazon and got it the next day. That helped but also found the outside unit breaker kept losing half the circuit so got another breaker. Still no joy as the inside unit fan also wasn't working. I guessed a nearby lightning strike caped the electrics. Ran up to Grangers and got a new fan motor. That worked for a day then the A-coil kept icing up. I was done messing with it and called to have it all replaced. I saved all my new parts. I might mount the fan in the barn. :cautious:

/ New furnace, air conditioner & water heater. #5  
I used to heat domestic hot water with a tankless coil in the oil burner. That meant leaving the furnace on all year. At $5/gal for heating oil, It became cheaper to install a heat pump water heater. At the same time, we had the 20 year old ductless A/C replaced with a heat pump unit. Our electric bill dropped 35% AND we saved around $600 in heating oil by turning off the furnace during the summer.

With the rebates, the new systems will pay for themselves within 5 years.

Looks like you have gas available. I'm all electric and also just had the AC replaced as well. Week before last was miserable. Temps inside the house hit 88. It all started when the thermostat went blank. I poked around and found the 24v transformer was DOA. Ordered a new one from Amazon and got it the next day. That helped but also found the outside unit breaker kept losing half the circuit so got another breaker. Still no joy as the inside unit fan also wasn't working. I guessed a nearby lightning strike caped the electrics. Ran up to Grangers and got a new fan motor. That worked for a day then the A-coil kept icing up. I was done messing with it and called to have it all replaced. I saved all my new parts. I might mount the fan in the barn. :cautious:
LP for heat..

Guess geo thermal was no good for you? Could have gotten all 3 combined using geo thermal, e.g. high heat from geo can be used to heat hot water. Geo would work for both heating and AC.
Getting older not sure how much longer we are going to keep this place.

/ New furnace, air conditioner & water heater. #8  
Geo just doesnt make since cost wise out here. Too much to install vs how long the payback is

Geo just doesnt make since cost wise out here. Too much to install vs how long the payback is
I agree had $20,000 quote for geo current setup was $8,200 installed.No brainer at my age..

/ New furnace, air conditioner & water heater. #10  
Agreed, and you live in a part of the country where the ground either doesn't freeze or the frost line is fairly shallow. Imagine the expense here in New England where the frost line can go down 4+', not to mention the joy of digging our "soil" that's more rocks than dirt.

We replaced our old hot water heater a couple years ago with a pilotless power vent unit. Not that we used much propane to begin with (it's just cooking & hot water), but I'd say we've reduced usage 20% with no pilot going 24/7. Downside is that it doesn't work if the power's out.