New Farmall 35A

/ New Farmall 35A #1  

kf4uda

Veteran Member
Tractor
NH TD5030, 861 Ford Powermaster, CaseIH Farmall 35A, 555A Ford Backhoe, S150x SnapperPro ZTR, Polaris Ranger XP800
I am now the hopefully proud owner of a new Farmall 35A. I also purchased a set of 42" pallet forks and a Betstco 60" FH-EF155 Flail Mower. We will use this tractor primarily to maintain more of our property with a finish cut.
One of the main reasons I decided on a new tractor instead of using the 861 Ford that I have is my Wife. She has expressed interest in doing some of this mowing and I just couldn't put her on that old 861 on some of our terrain. The new tractor is hydrostat so that will take some getting used to for me anyway.

Ever since reading about a flail mower on this forum I have wanted to try one. I have only ran it for a few minutes after getting it setup but so far I am impressed with the cut.

IMG_1082.jpg

IMG_1104.jpg
IMG_1105.jpg

Last edited:
   / New Farmall 35A #2  
Nice like setup (y) congrats.

/ New Farmall 35A #4  
Nice setup,
I really like the quick attach and the forks!

/ New Farmall 35A #5  
Cool. Don't get to see a lot of small Case IH tractors here. Are those ones still LS Tractor based or has that changed again?
I kinda lost touch since they switched from Shibaura built.

/ New Farmall 35A
Nice setup,
I really like the quick attach and the forks!

The forks and quick attach definitely adds to my abilities. Never had either before.

/ New Farmall 35A
Cool. Don't get to see a lot of small Case IH tractors here. Are those ones still LS Tractor based or has that changed again?
I kinda lost touch since they switched from Shibaura built.

Yes, these are built by LS now.

/ New Farmall 35A #8  
The forks and quick attach definitely adds to my abilities. Never had either before.
Yeah, me either.
I’d love to add a quick attach to mine and convert my bucket over or replace it. I could use a set of forks.

/ New Farmall 35A #9  
Yeah, me either.
I’d love to add a quick attach to mine and convert my bucket over or replace it. I could use a set of forks.
I have a set of clamp on forks I have to use on my Kubota. Better than nothing, but not nearly as nice as quick attach. I had a quick attach and real forks on order for mine because I was going to convert it over. But after waiting over a year and having the delivery date pushed ahead every 3 months by Kubota I finally gave up and cancelled order.

/ New Farmall 35A
I have put a little time on the new ride using the flail mower and a little with the forks. Had my Wife operating it some as well. I she will like it once she gets a little confidence with it. Still trying to get used to the HST in place of gears. Old habits are hard to break I guess. Had a local tire service come by and load the rear tires with methanol/water mix. They charged $200 which seemed fair to me.