New Fangled hydraulic option on 3720

/ New Fangled hydraulic option on 3720 #1  

TCowner

Platinum Member
Tractor
John Deere 4720 Cab
I was on the Johndeere.com website ready to build a new 3720 and I see for MY2011 you can get a an option called Dual Mid and Single Electrohydraulic Rear SCV.

I'm confused and perhaps someone can clarify. The information suggests that it is only available on the cab tractors but there are pictures of it on an open station tractor. The information suggest that this option give us an extra set of rear hydraulic couplers. But does it switch between the two rear sets or does it switch from the mid to rear much like the previous option. Also, does it sound like this could be put on the older 3000 series tractors and is it cab only?

Please John Deere experts, please clear up the confusion.

/ New Fangled hydraulic option on 3720 #2  
I was on the Johndeere.com website ready to build a new 3720 and I see for MY2011 you can get a an option called Dual Mid and Single Electrohydraulic Rear SCV.

I'm confused and perhaps someone can clarify. The information suggests that it is only available on the cab tractors but there are pictures of it on an open station tractor. The information suggest that this option give us an extra set of rear hydraulic couplers. But does it switch between the two rear sets or does it switch from the mid to rear much like the previous option. Also, does it sound like this could be put on the older 3000 series tractors and is it cab only?

Please John Deere experts, please clear up the confusion.

Ya, ya....so he posted in the wrong thread.... Perhaps one of the moderators can move it to the JD thread??

That option is a separate 3rd SCV (not diverted from another circuit) on the rear of the machine that is controlled by a thumb button on the joystick. I think it is cab only (I'm told the engineers are not certain the thumbswitch will hold up to the elements), and I'm told that it'll be available on the new 4000 series too.

I don't see the reasoning in having a button controlling a rear outlet. I'd much prefer to have the 3rd SCV outlet in the mid of the tractor so that it'd easily control a grapple or a angling blade.

-J.

/ New Fangled hydraulic option on 3720
Sorry if I posted on the wrong forum. My glasses were in the other room and I was too lazy to get them. Thanks moderators for moving the post to the correct forum.

On the configurator site it actually shows the couplers attached to the left side of the ROPS on open station tractor but says cab only. It also shows the control switch on the fender of an open station tractor. It also shows a swtich on the joystick of the cab tractor. It probably is for the factory cab only but I needed to get clarification.

I think it's a little spendy at $855. Deere needs to work on getting more hydraulic valves as an option. On the current 3000 and 4000 tractors diverting them from the mid hydraulics to rear for $1,000 plus labor to install them isn't the answer either. ON my New Holland I could add 3 separate valves and couplers for about the same cost as the diverter on the Deere.

/ New Fangled hydraulic option on 3720 #4  
JD is changing the hydraulic options for the 3x20's and the 4x20's, including a solenoid valve and separate (from the loader) 4th and 5th SCV's. the options will NOT be backward compatible.

/ New Fangled hydraulic option on 3720 #5  
JD is changing the hydraulic options for the 3x20's and the 4x20's, including a solenoid valve and separate (from the loader) 4th and 5th SCV's. the options will NOT be backward compatible.

That's very good news! :thumbsup: The electric diverter sharing the loader mid-mount SCV's is a bit of a pain.. and sometimes when you forget that the functions are switched... it's a breaky, achey pain!!! :eek: (Don't ask...)

AKfish

/ New Fangled hydraulic option on 3720 #6  
JD is changing the hydraulic options for the 3x20's and the 4x20's, including a solenoid valve and separate (from the loader) 4th and 5th SCV's.

I could use a 6th svc, how can I best rig it up?
I'm sure it will be an after-market set-up, has anyone already done so?
Didn't find anything searching TBN.

Oh... loader (1&2), tnt (3&4), 4 way bucket (5), power rake (6).

Vince.

/ New Fangled hydraulic option on 3720 #7  
I could use a 6th svc, how can I best rig it up?
I'm sure it will be an after-market set-up, has anyone already done so?
Didn't find anything searching TBN.

Oh... loader (1&2), tnt (3&4), 4 way bucket (5), power rake (6).

Vince.

Sure, get the power beyond kit and plumb in a new valve bank...easy on a OS machine, harder (due to real estate) on a CAB machine.

/ New Fangled hydraulic option on 3720 #8  
Sure, get the power beyond kit and plumb in a new valve bank...

Thanks Ken,

Have the PB & cab. Looked at your photos and saw your flawless install.
I'm thinking something more temporary, which may just hang off the PB quick-connects when I'm using this particular configuration.
As you said, real-estate issues surface with the BH attached.
Only need a single remote to angle the rake.
Vince

/ New Fangled hydraulic option on 3720 #9  
Thanks Ken,

Have the PB & cab. Looked at your photos and saw your flawless install.
I'm thinking something more temporary, which may just hang off the PB quick-connects when I'm using this particular configuration.
As you said, real-estate issues surface with the BH attached.
Only need a single remote to angle the rake.
Vince

That's the ticket then...one valve, 2 QD's and two short hoses.

/ New Fangled hydraulic option on 3720 #10  
Deere changed the 4th and 5th kit too. They have there own valve now however I didn't find a price yet

Attachments

• 4th-5th_rear_scv_3720 1.jpg
    4th-5th_rear_scv_3720 1.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 424
  • 4th-5th_scv_ctrl-levers_3020.jpg
    4th-5th_scv_ctrl-levers_3020.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 332