New Cud Cadet RT65

/ New Cud Cadet RT65 #11  
thanks for the infor! hope to hear from u soon.

/ New Cud Cadet RT65
Okay I'm back from church. We had a Sunday school picnic today. I brought stuffed sweet banana peppers and stuffed jalepenos we grew, along with a bowl of grape, cherry, and pear tomatoes. Wife made a couple tomatoe pies and a pasta salad. Now back to the tiller. Some of my vegatables have played out for the season(letttuce, beets, turnips, radishes, swiss chard, potatoes,arugala, onions, califlower etc) so I tilled that row under planted another crop, usually green beans, big demand for them this year. This is were I ran into a couple of issues that I actually expected. The 16 inch tires on the tiller will sometimes let it "high center" on the gear case and you will need to help it along. I sold all my cabbage and when I decided to till under the row and replant I went down both sides of the row very close and this chopped the remaining leaves very well, but when I turned to go down the center to catch the cabbage stalks she struggled to get over them. Not a lack of power, just needed more ground clearance maybe from taller tires. The second issue was over in the potatoe row. I dug most of the row with a pickfork and the vines were just laid to the side. When I tried to till them under(the vines) they would "rope up" in the tines and have to be cut out with a knife. The same thing happened with tall weeds, foxtail, crabgrass, etc the tiller will not "chop" them. You'd be better off taking them out of the garden into a compost pile.

/ New Cud Cadet RT65 #13  
Dear Soggy Bottom, Did you ever figure out the "squeak"? I have the same thing on mine. Fine while I till(or I can't hear it) but squeaks when I go forward. I don't remember if it does it going backwards.

/ New Cud Cadet RT65
Nope, still haven't found it after 100 hrs. It still starts and operates as it should. Fluid levels are all good, no leaks. I've never found any bare metal where something is rubbing or any metal shavings. I don't plan on doing exploratory surgery on to find the problem. I'll change the oil and filters, put a little "slick 'em" on a couple places and start tilling........if spring ever gets here.

/ New Cud Cadet RT65 #15  
Thanks for the update. I didn't want to do the exploring either. :)
If I do, I'll be sure to post it.