New 7000 series

/ New 7000 series #1  

Ledgemere Farm

Veteran Member
Tractor
A bunch
Anyone tried out the new CC 7000 series? They look akin to the BX2200 and JD X500. Just wondering how good they were. Looks like the engine isn't a Mitsu though. I think some are even gas jobs.

/ New 7000 series #2  
I saw two at the Empire Farm Days. The gas version was 25hp, and with a 54"MMM and FEL, the rep quoted a retail price of 13,000. The diesel version was quoted at 14,000 with MMM inly. The appeared to be well-build machines.

/ New 7000 series #3  
Stopped at the local Cub Cadet dealer an pickup a catalog. There's 3 models, 7252 (2WD) & 7254 (4WD) both with 2cyl, 25 hp, liquid cooled Kawasaki gas engines. The 7264 is a 3 cyl 26 hp Dahatsu diesel with 4WD. The only transmission offered is a 2 range HST. The transaxle appears to be cast iron an the body is plastic/fiber glass, not sure which...

They call these tractors the 7000 series but there's a world of difference between them an the Mitsubishi 7000 series tractors.

The two wheel drive gas model starts at $9,999.00 tractor only, didn't price any of the others.. It appears CC offers a full line of equipment including loader & back-hoe.

/ New 7000 series
I wonder why they are offering gas models? I don't know of any other manufacturers that have gas jobs.

/ New 7000 series #5  
Gunfighter,
Here's more of the 7000 series. <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.ozarkoutdoors.com/cubcadet/7000/7000.htm>Cub Cadet</A>

/ New 7000 series #6  
More here.....<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.cubcadet.com/BrandHome.jsp>Cub Cadet</A>
Click on Utility Tractor under the product menu

/ New 7000 series #7  
I'm familiar with the Cub Cadet 7000 series Mitsubishi tractors. But these new addition in my opinion are not built by Mitsubishi an should be in a separate series.

When I ask the dealer about who or where it was made, he thought the main components came from abroad but the assembly was by MTD.

The old IH Cub Cadets were great tractors, the Mitsubishi Cub Cadets are superb but I don't have the same opinion of MTD.

/ New 7000 series
They aren't Mitsubishi. They look OK for lawn and garden work, but I'm not sure I would throw a backhoe on one. But then again, I wouldn't put a backhoe on a sub-compact anyway. I don't think the frames on a subcompact can take it.