New 1710 on the way

/ New 1710 on the way #1  

Shepstone

Tractor
CG1710
Hi guys first post in the Massey forums. I have signed the papers on a 2018 gc1710, nice looking unit but the shopping experience was confusing to say the least. A couple of things that swayed me towards Massey, first of I could not get past the rocker pedals on Kubotas, and I did not like the way that JD was $5,000 more for the equivalent unit. I also got the front snowblower and ssqa. But not knowing much about sub compacts or tractors in general, I am second thinking the ssqa, the unit isn't delivered for 10 days so I might be able to change it. Any thoughts from you guys that are more experienced about the ssqa would be appreciated.

/ New 1710 on the way #2  
What's making you second guess the ssqa?

/ New 1710 on the way #3  
I don't know what kind of property you have or what your needs are, but my GC1710 has been an awesome machine. I do so much with it-- use it all the time. Great tractor, you will love it.

/ New 1710 on the way
Not knowing much about it and after searching there doesn’t seem much information on it for subcompacts I am worried that ssqa attachments would be beyond the tractors capabilities.

/ New 1710 on the way
Currently have 2.3 acres but are selling and building new house on 2 acre lot next year

/ New 1710 on the way #6  
There is a user here (Axlehub) and I believe he has the SSQA on his Massey GC. If I recall correctly, he bought some items from mytractortools.com to fit it.

2+ acres is a great fit for the GC1710. I use mine on a property like that, and at another property just under 100 acres. It does a great job wherever it goes.

/ New 1710 on the way #7  
Axlehub has a quick attach, but it's not an SSQA.

Just a few years ago, I would have definitely said don't both with an SSQA on a sub compact, because skid steers are much stronger, their implements are much heavier. You'd be taking so much capacity away, it wouldn't be worth it. However, two things have happened, first, they are boosting the capacity of these little tractors a little every new model, and second, there are more and more lightweight attachments being made. IMO, now its a no brainer, get the ssqa.

/ New 1710 on the way
Axlehub has a quick attach, but it's not an SSQA.

Just a few years ago, I would have definitely said don't both with an SSQA on a sub compact, because skid steers are much stronger, their implements are much heavier. You'd be taking so much capacity away, it wouldn't be worth it. However, two things have happened, first, they are boosting the capacity of these little tractors a little every new model, and second, there are more and more lightweight attachments being made. IMO, now its a no brainer, get the ssqa.
This is my concern but it looks like it’s not such an issue. There are smaller skid steers , thier impliments must be smaller and therefore lighter ? Do all skid steers use the same size ssqa?

/ New 1710 on the way #9  
Hi guys first post in the Massey forums. I have signed the papers on a 2018 gc1710, nice looking unit but the shopping experience was confusing to say the least. A couple of things that swayed me towards Massey, first of I could not get past the rocker pedals on Kubotas, and I did not like the way that JD was $5,000 more for the equivalent unit. I also got the front snowblower and ssqa. But not knowing much about sub compacts or tractors in general, I am second thinking the ssqa, the unit isn't delivered for 10 days so I might be able to change it. Any thoughts from you guys that are more experienced about the ssqa would be appreciated.

Congrats on your purchase! SCUTS are great little workhorses. Make sure you posts some pics when you get it.

/ New 1710 on the way #10  
I had the predecessor gc2310, excellent scut. Lol, at that time it had rocker which I prefer. You'll enjoy it.

Is the ssqa factory along with bucket?

They are great for switching out between pallet forks (construction attachments makes a great lightweight set) and bucket as my primary use. Are there other ssqa attachments you are interested in for the future?