never liked the ROPS now i have a reason

/ never liked the ROPS now i have a reason
I've got an idea! Put a spring release on the ROPS. There. Problem solved.
that probably would have killed me as the limb would have hit me in the head.
needles to say i ran my cordless chainsaw out of juice after this, i knew better but just too lazy.

Interesting concept. The ROPS may still generally function if allowed to spring back a little. One would likely want to also add either a ratchet or a shock absorber to prevent the ROPS from bouncing back in place too hard, with potentially dangerous results.
this is the reason i avoided a cab tractor (too many trees on my property) and this would have cost me a large pile of $s. but on second thought it would have been safer. that gives me an idea, honey see i need a cab tractor, and with a cab you know i need AC, yea her response will be pay more attention to where you are going lol.

/ never liked the ROPS now i have a reason #13  
Here is a thread about a home built FOPS.

It is possible you would have had less tree in the driver's seat.

/ never liked the ROPS now i have a reason #14  
doing a little grading with the box blade over a path i have graded multiple times before without issue and then a tree jumps out and grabs the rops broke off and landed on me in the tractor. I was lucky, it hit me in the back and not the head and only took out the LH turn signal.
It could have been much worse.
Had the ROPS up 'cause I was traveling on a public road. Got home and drove straight into my barn with a 7.5' high opening completely forgetting about the ROPS. Took the header completely out, splitting one of the 2x10x16's in half and nearly flipping the tractor backwards.. :rolleyes:

Here is a thread about a home built FOPS.

It is possible you would have had less tree in the driver's seat.
shhh! still trying to talk the CFO into an AC cab.

Had the ROPS up 'cause I was traveling on a public road. Got home and drove straight into my barn with a 7.5' high opening completely forgetting about the ROPS. Took the header completely out, splitting one of the 2x10x16's in half and nearly flipping the tractor backwards.. :rolleyes:
time for a wheely bar?

/ never liked the ROPS now i have a reason #17  
D3 tops saved my life...

Just in transport mode and a large tree on a high bank decides now is the time to fall...

The base at least 30' from me with full trunk landing square on the right rear corner... almost splitting but left a deep dent in the tree.

Had to cut my way out to move the dozer

/ never liked the ROPS now i have a reason #18  
What would have happened if you didn't have the rops would it have slammed you instead and broke something?

/ never liked the ROPS now i have a reason #20  
I don't remember Orange Grove as being very hilly. Is there a need for the rops?