Never had pain like this before!!

/ Never had pain like this before!! #31  
Loooong ago - carpal tunnel operation on one hand. They hung a sheet in front of me so I could not see what was going on. Part way thru the operation the Dr asked if I wanted to look. BIG MISTAKE. Scared me to death. First thought - they will never get that all put back together correctly. They did and it did help.

/ Never had pain like this before!! #32  
It's amazing what a 'body mechanic' (surgeon) can do, eh!!

/ Never had pain like this before!! #33  
Does that make you a light-fingered numb skull?
Over my 69 years I've had some really bad accidents, two I wasn't expected to make it, but I think what happens is (bat to head analogy) the endorphins kick in immediately so there's no pain. Something like a needle can be excruciating painful.
Things people posted here sound terrible, but I can't hit the like button for someone's pain!

/ Never had pain like this before!! #34  
Macular Degeneration runs in part of my family and has caused family members to go blind. They went blind before the shot was available but I have one family member getting the shot in the eye. I take AREDs, it is a good source of some minerals and vitamins, to lower my chances of going blind. The cost of AREDs is NOTHING if it prevents me going blind or pushes out the time I do go blind. Heck, if AREDs prevents me from having to have a shot in the eyes, I will gladly pay. :LOL: I have no idea if I will get Macular Degeneration but the cost of AREDs is a who cares in comparison to going blind and I need the minerals and vitamins in the supplement any way.

One can simply look at the minerals and vitamins in AREDs and take similar supplements....

A friend of ours was taking a clone of AREDs but it was from the UK. There might be a US supplement with the same vitamins and minerals.

I do wear sun glasses too. Hopefully they help.

Later,
Dan
That paints a different picture than the one which I quoted.

/ Never had pain like this before!! #35  
I'd doing chickens this weekend so today was in a restaurant supply store looking for some decent knives. I picked up a set of heavy duty kitchen shears and couple of Victorinox knives.
The name made me think of the OP so I also picked up a cut resistant glove. :D

/ Never had pain like this before!!
I'd doing chickens this weekend so today was in a restaurant supply store looking for some decent knives. I picked up a set of heavy duty kitchen shears and couple of Victorinox knives.
The name made me think of the OP so I also picked up a cut resistant glove. :D
Glad to be of service.

Now I have the flesh sliced off index finger on my left hand from the knife which was what the original post was about. Since then I have reached into a plumbing tool box and sliced open the little finger on my right hand. Never figured out what cut it. Cut an under strain limb off a downed tree bracing myself for it to snap away from the trunk and instead it went straight down, gonna loose the toenail off my big toe on the left foot. But the next toe has finally got it's color back. And lastly, wife had to dig metal splinters out of my right ankle after I used a side grinder to cut slots in a new burn barrel.

Ain't retirement grand.

RSKY

/ Never had pain like this before!! #37  
Pain is always the worst when it happens. For me I was 27 and had chest tubes ripped out after having my aorta replaced. I am now 57 and had herniated disks L4/5. My new awful is the nerve pain. At least chest tubes pulled out ends. Just had the disk problem fixed and still nerve pain on the top of my hurt list.

/ Never had pain like this before!! #38  
For the last twelve years I've been swinging all on my own out here. I've had to learn an all new respect for kitchen knives. One tiny slip - they'll cut you in a heart beat.

/ Never had pain like this before!! #39  
Loooong ago - carpal tunnel operation on one hand. They hung a sheet in front of me so I could not see what was going on. Part way thru the operation the Dr asked if I wanted to look. BIG MISTAKE. Scared me to death. First thought - they will never get that all put back together correctly. They did and it did help.

I watched them do my carpal tunnel surgery for awhile.
I was feeling pretty good from the meds. After some time it got boring to my medicated self so I closed my eyes and went to sleep.

/ Never had pain like this before!! #40  
It's amazing what a 'body mechanic' (surgeon) can do, eh!!
Yep, for sure. I had my aortic heart valve replaced with one from an oinker. Seems to be working good.

Also have new eye lenses. Went from 20/40 (needed glasses) then to 20/200 with a yellow fog then to 20/20 crystal clear vision. I still need reading glasses with 1.75+ though.

Now, if only the arthritis would go away. 😏