Netwrapping Firewood on Pallets

/ Netwrapping Firewood on Pallets #1  

94BULLITT

Tractor
yes
I got the idea to use netwrap to help secure the firewood to the pallet and help keep leaves out so it should dry better.

I tie the netwrap to the pallet.

Stack the wood on the pallet and then wrap it. I go about 1.5 wraps then tie the net wrap back to the pallet.

Here is the finished product.

Here is another pallet I did. Today I started stacking higher than this.

/ Netwrapping Firewood on Pallets #2  
Good idea. I have been thinking of a way to secure wood to a pallet. Thinking of maybe trying to sell some to places that have a forklift so they could resell. That is one obstacle cleared for me. Few more to clear. Would be hauling on a trailer with 12 inch sides. Got to figure how to get them off.

/ Netwrapping Firewood on Pallets
Good idea. I have been thinking of a way to secure wood to a pallet. Thinking of maybe trying to sell some to places that have a forklift so they could resell. That is one obstacle cleared for me. Few more to clear. Would be hauling on a trailer with 12 inch sides. Got to figure how to get them off.

Thanks, you can also buy bags to put the firewood in.

/ Netwrapping Firewood on Pallets #4  
Use one of these Pallet pullers to slide them to the end of the trailer.
pallet puller.jpg

/ Netwrapping Firewood on Pallets #5  

That's easy, place 3 or 4 pallets under your firewood pallets to get the height you need for forktruck access.

/ Netwrapping Firewood on Pallets #6  
Shrink wrap would be better.

mark

/ Netwrapping Firewood on Pallets #9  
I have seen people around here build a cage out of a stock panel around the pallet then stack firewood in. As I understand it he ships it around the country by the semi load.

I have seen people around here build a cage out of a stock panel around the pallet then stack firewood in. As I understand it he ships it around the country by the semi load.

That sounds interesting. I would like to see a picture of it. I am always looking for ways to improve the way I store firewood. This so far seems like it works good especially since the netwrap is free. I don't know what I'll do when I run out.