Neighbor ran off road.

/ Neighbor ran off road. #1  

Alan W.

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L3650 & Bobcat 763G & Craftsman DGS6500
My neighbor had just purchased a used motorhome and was 500 feet from his driveway when a man in a pickup
came around the curve in his lane and ran him off the road. The man apparently stopped and helped the neighbor
out of the motorhome told him he had no insurance and bailed. He gad a good knot on his head from hitting something,
but luckily he had his seatbelt on. By the time my aunt called me and I got there he was gone.
This lack of insurance is a common problem around here. After the tow truck righted it he was able to drive it home.

B90B9F6B-C45D-4512-A8E8-6E5DE8BC656B.jpeg0CE7A209-553A-4E5A-97DE-C5009D0B6978.jpeg

/ Neighbor ran off road. #2  
Lack of insurance is a problem in Wyoming as well along with driving on a suspended licences. Glad your neighbor is ok

/ Neighbor ran off road. #3  
Sheesh!! I hope the neighbor is OK and that he has uninsured motorist coverage.

/ Neighbor ran off road. #4  
Sucks - glad he's OK, though. Confused by the pictures... 1) How did the fire start? 2) Didn't tow truck pull him back up onto pavement?

/ Neighbor ran off road.
Tow truck just righted it. Then he started it and drove it out if the field. The fire is just the crank case oil that was burning out of the cylinders where it had been sideways.

/ Neighbor ran off road. #6  
Sucks - glad he's OK, though. Confused by the pictures... 1) How did the fire start? 2) Didn't tow truck pull him back up onto pavement?

I would assume that the tow truck righted the RV laying on it's side. All the smoke was probably from starting it after laying on it's side and burning some oil.

/ Neighbor ran off road. #7  
Tow truck just righted it. Then he started it and drove it out if the field. The fire is just the crank case oil that was burning out of the cylinders where it had been sideways.
Ha! You beat me to it! At least I assumed correct. :thumbsup:

/ Neighbor ran off road. #8  
Sheesh!! I hope the neighbor is OK and that he has uninsured motorist coverage.

Just curious. SC requires purchase of uninsured motorist insurance. Isn't it required in other states?

Steve

Last edited:
   / Neighbor ran off road. #9  
My neighbor had just purchased a used motorhome and was 500 feet from his driveway when a man in a pickup
came around the curve in his lane and ran him off the road. The man apparently stopped and helped the neighbor
out of the motorhome told him he had no insurance and bailed. He gad a good knot on his head from hitting something,
but luckily he had his seatbelt on. By the time my aunt called me and I got there he was gone.
This lack of insurance is a common problem around here. After the tow truck righted it he was able to drive it home.

View attachment 569195View attachment 569196

This is why having two dash cameras are vital. One forways the other facing back . Check YouTube for driving adventures and scams that you otherwise would not believe .

/ Neighbor ran off road. #10  
This is why having two dash cameras are vital. One forways the other facing back . Check YouTube for driving adventures and scams that you otherwise would not believe .
Any dash cam recommendations? I have been thinking about some for my van. Not only is a lack of insurance an issue but a high percentage of drivers cannot seem to stay on their side of those yellow lines. And, often as not there is not any shoulder to escape to.