Snow Attachments Need to plow snow AND use your bucket? Try this...

/ Need to plow snow AND use your bucket? Try this... #11  
Frank,
Wasn't that time..photo..when your wife went to work and you had but yet another cup while Ms. Bota was warming up for play..opps work. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Need to plow snow AND use your bucket? Try this... #12  
Nice setup..plow on the front blower on the back w/cab. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

I fab sort of plow setup as yours but felt the bucket needed more beefing up so I wouldn't spring or sprung the bucket..when pushing snow & or pushing back the banks and coming in contact w/frozen bank.
I beef up the back of the bucket w/1/4"steel.

Should be interesting when plowing at 45 degree w/sides on your plow..will they catch frozen bank and jerk the tractor??

PS..Watch out for mailbox. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Last edited:
   / Need to plow snow AND use your bucket? Try this... #13  
You may want to keep the bucket couple inches from the ground,also at slight angel so you won't dig in. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Last edited:
   / Need to plow snow AND use your bucket? Try this... #14  
Thomas:

During your abscense the bucket and loader frame on the little mule have required extensive rebuilding. Almost every weld on the loader frame has had to be redone. Bucket required a new cutting edge. The bottom had holes worn in it and and was patched by welding on 1/4 in. plate. Had brackets welded inside the bucket for forks. It's a much stiffer bucket than when new. The 1/2 x 4 in. cutting edge welded on did wonders.

Egon

/ Need to plow snow AND use your bucket? Try this...
What appears to be 'sides' on the blade are also thick rubber pieces, but I also wonder if I might wind up trimming down the right side.
I have considered adding a 1/4 inch settl plate to the mounting area for the hitch- I'll have it ready to install if it looks necessary.
The plow frame is designed for the mount to be 9-15" off the ground and the blade floats on the mount, so the bucket will be slightly elevated. If it encounters a solid obstacle, the blade rides up on the mount.

/ Need to plow snow AND use your bucket? Try this... #16  
Every now and than one gotta give'em little tlc,and then payback much greater on ones arms an back.
The only negitive issue about my B7100 no power steering or after market unit to install,other than that..yes they are mule. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Thats one heck of cutting edge. /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Enjoy the weekend.

/ Need to plow snow AND use your bucket? Try this... #17  
Seymor--looks interesting. Maybe I will be the only one to ask... I hope I'm wrong, but the single connection point looks like it is going to have to deal with a lot of sideways force/torque. If that were connected to a receiver hitch on a truck or jeep, as it appears to be designed, the forces would be distributed by the frame-mount trailer hitch to the rigid chassis of the vehicle. As it is set up, your loader frame and bucket are going to take a lot of twisting and shoving from diagonal forces.

Good luck--please let me know if my skepticism was unfounded.

Regards,

This is not your typical truck plow. We tried that last year and found it to be a handful for the tractor. It is light and floating and the front mount converts the angle forces to a straight force. I am still considering beefing up the mounting area and plan to have a 1/4 inch steel plate drilled for the mounting area if needed.
You can check out this arrangement here:
http://www.mysnowsport.com/htmls/info.asp

/ Need to plow snow AND use your bucket? Try this... #19  
Hey, Seymour...I'm sure it'll work well. Good idea to add additional support in the bucket if need be. I've used blades on trucks and tractors for years, and the diagonal/sideways forces from the weight of the snow are the real stressers--not so much the weight of the blade.

In looking at the Curtis-type loader mounts, the forces are distributed across the two loader arm ends as connection points. I've never used the Curtis blade, but using a stock JD 54" front blade on a 4110 can push the entire tractor sideways even with only 4-6" of snow if its wet. I know your machine is bigger and the blade is different, so my experience is only remotely relevant. On a relevant point, though, the sideways lever effect is even greater the farther away from the front wheels the blade is. Those physics principles, coupled with the single connection point, are the source of my comments. I'm sure your rig will ultimately overcome the negative dynamics. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Actually, Seymour is the lake where my 'bota is located. I'm another "Pete"!!!
I have a 6 1/2 ft Curtis blade, which we tried last year. It was very heavy and tended to want to drag the tractor into the ditch. The killer was that the changeover to the bucket was not as easy as anticipated. If you were on a concrete floor and everything was level, might not be bad, but if the blade was level and the tractor slightly off, it was very tough.

I'm going to take your advice and add the extra 1/4 inch plate!!!