Need to be concerned about this rust?

/ Need to be concerned about this rust? #21  
Amazing how many people aren't aware of and use farm rated batteries,anti-freeze,gasoline,oil and grease for their equipment. Then there's others that know they should use farm rated but buy John Deere branded for their New Holland and Case. ;)

/ Need to be concerned about this rust? #22  
Amazing how many people aren't aware of and use farm rated batteries,anti-freeze,gasoline,oil and grease for their equipment. Then there's others that know they should use farm rated but buy John Deere branded for their New Holland and Case. ;)
It's marketing...not because anything is special.

/ Need to be concerned about this rust? #23  

Yep, I just got my tractor back from the dealer after getting the summer air in the tires swapped over to farm rated winter air. Only was $345. Is that a good price?

/ Need to be concerned about this rust? #24  
Yep, I just got my tractor back from the dealer after getting the summer air in the tires swapped over to farm rated winter air. Only was $345. Is that a good price?
I never even thought about that, and it's been well below freezing here lately. I hope that I haven't ruined my inner tire baffles...

/ Need to be concerned about this rust?
Just use a sealed battery...

It appears there are a few leaks, the front upper part of the head has some white stuff growing.
No. The white stuff is the metal where the paint has flaked off.

/ Need to be concerned about this rust? #28  
I agree with what has been said. Look to see if something else has caused it. But there is no way I could leave that nasty rust stain there to keep rusting. I would put a wire brush on a grinder, sander or drill and brush the rust, degrease it and paint it. It will be an hour well spent. Now when I was getting my tractor cleaned up for snow blowing. I pressure washed the whole tractor, washed the windows inside and out and armor alled the interior. I may have even waxed the hood and fenders.

/ Need to be concerned about this rust? #29  
The culprit will surface and when it does after repairs are are made I like the suggestion of using Por-15

/ Need to be concerned about this rust? #30  
It's marketing...not because anything is special.
No. Off highway/farm/HD truck batteries will have greater separation between the plates and better isolation/ plate restraining elements to withstand the vibration and shock loads of this environment. Modern designs are likely sealed, but that’s not what defines a HD battery. Often they have a lower rating relative to their more compact automotive cousins.

The “stain” on the engine warrants a closer look. Something is leaking, be it a core plug, head gasket, hose, or battery. The stain itself won’t hurt anything, but the leak causing the stain could get expensive or become fatal to your machine if not addressed.