Need info on a Ford 600

/ Need info on a Ford 600 #1  

RickND

Tractor
2008 Jinma 284 and a 1998 425 John Deere with three point, Berco Blower and Soft Shell
Folks

Anyone know anything about a Ford 600 Tractor?

I'm looking at the following add

Completely overhauled engine, new clutch, over $3700.00 parts in engine and clutch. 3 point, live pto -has front pump for loader, new tires on front, back tires 60%.
$5K

Initially need to do some landscaping ... and moving some trees on 25ac

Thanks in advance for your help

GB

Rick

/ Need info on a Ford 600 #2  
Ok.. the X00 series was built from 55-57 And from 58-62 was the X01 series.

Assuming you do have live pto.. and the owner is correct about it being a 00 series..then it will be a 660. ( that's the model... the middle digit is the tranny and hyds identifier... '6' means live pto/2 stage clutch, and 5 speed 'stacked' tranny.). the 6 in the 660, means it is a 134 ci OHV red tiger engine that makes about 33 hp.. etc.

It always amazes me when people drop in a few thousand dollars worth of parts in a machine.. and then don't know that it is a 660.. vs just being a 600.. etc.

The new tires on the front add about 65-75$ each value.. as that is what you can buy them for and have them booted. Rear tires that hold air and have some tread.. are about average.. and should be ok for years to come.

I'm surprise dthis person paid 3700$ fro an engine overhaul and clutch job.. .. should have been closer to 2000$ or so... parts and labor. Unless he needed a new block, AND there were other problems to address.. etc.

The front pump is nice.. Lets you add a loader if needed.

IMHO.. 5000$ is a tad high. I paid 6800 for an ugly but running ford 5000 .. and paid 3400$ for a good running 660 with new paint, minor damage to the sheet metal.. but in general ok condition.. Owner had asked 3900.. Unit had a somewhat rare ford 722 1-arm loader with an intact maneuer bucket. It was plumbed off 2 spools on the tractors hyd cover, with SA lift cyl, and DA dump cyl.

The 1-arm laoders .. I feel, aren't as 100% usefull as a 2 arm HD loader.. due tot he ballance issue.. however, the manual still rates them for 2000# break out power and over 1000# lift..e tc.

I use mine to tend the maneuer pile, move some stockpile ddirt.. as a powered wheel barrow.. occasional trailer tender, and occasional 'helper' to get thing ont he roof, or to help me get up to work on the tops of the tube fram/tarp structures over my tractors.

Mine is still 6v, and starts on a couple cranks with a little bit of choke. Runs good.. has plenty of power, and steering is still amazingly tight despite the loader.

I consider my price on the 'deal' side. i didn't really expect to have him take the offer.. and really wasn't in a pinch for the tractor so i just tosse dthe number out, and was pleasently surprised when he took it without hesitation.

It'd guess anywhere from 3500-4500 is more in line. The overhaul pushes that to the 4500 side.

If it was an exceptional piece.. 5000$ may be in line with what was done to it.. etc.. but for a worker.. I'd try to get about 500$ off that number.. ( if ti was rebuilt.. it's only got about another 50 years of service life left.. so you better hurry... )

If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask. i love my 660 and am glad i got it. It has obsoleted my NAA 2n, and just about everything else except for my big mowing tractors, and my 8n for which iuse to spread seed and fertalizer..

Soundguy

RickND said:
Folks

Completely overhauled engine, new clutch, over $3700.00 parts in engine and clutch. 3 point, live pto -has front pump for loader, new tires on front, back tires 60%.
$5K

GB

Rick

/ Need info on a Ford 600 #3  
RickND said:
Folks

$5K

GB

Rick

That price seems about $1500 too high compared to what they are selling for here in Ky--Ken Sweet