Need help with proper size of drive chain.

/ Need help with proper size of drive chain. #1  

ibbuckshot

Tractor
Bobcat 610 and 642
Greeting folks,
I have been asking for a long time if anyone could tell me what the OEM chain size should be on my 642 Bobcat..:confused:..No one has been able to answer the question..... Even the local bobcat parts person says they don't know what size it should be....All they tell me is buy the new chain from us and you will find out when you get it.....Is there anyone out there who can tell me what size it should be.....I believe the existing chain is smaller then it should be. Although the existing chain is in excellent condition it seems to be jumping the sprockets when loading out of a stock pile or digging...the drive sprockets are also in very good condition....Sure would appreciate finding the information....
Have fun,
buckshot

/ Need help with proper size of drive chain. #2  
You are fooling yourself about the condition of the chain, the sprockets, or both. A chain one size smaller than the sprockets will not come close to working or even looking like it will work. Do a search for roller chain dimensions and learn how to measure chain. Then measure your chain and sprockets.

/ Need help with proper size of drive chain. #4  
Is the chain tension in spec?