Loader Need help with 4100 loader add-on

/ Need help with 4100 loader add-on #1  

vafarmboy

Tractor
John Deere 4100
Hello. I am new to the forum and posted this on the hydraulics forum. I reposted here beause it might not get seen by
JD experts there. Sorry for the repeat. I would appreciate any advice.

I just bought a nice 4100 and would like to add a loader to make it more useful. It is a 98 model and I am struggling with some decisions on hydraulics. I am not a mechanic but a skilled parts changer.

My tractor has no hydraulic outlets and does not have the SCV valve. Some earlier models did not come equipped with it. I have found a loader from Koyker that will work with the belly mower but I have not found any loader apps that offer a direct connection kit for the 4100.

The question... What options do I have and which would be the most economical or desirable? I found a SCV at a junk yard. Is it required to connect to the hydraulics or can the loader be connected by putting together fittings somewhere on the housing. Is the SCV useful as the contol valve or would it be better to add a seperate joystick.

Thanks.

/ Need help with 4100 loader add-on #2  
:welcome: to the forum.
Hang tight for the expert help to come along. KennyD is one of them that has great knowledge about they questions you are faced with.

Have you used the "search" feature to check out previous/similar questions? Either key in on "4100" and/or look for posts by KennyD. He's not the only one either, but comes to mind at the moment.

/ Need help with 4100 loader add-on
Thanks for responding.
At this point, anyone who has seen a 4100 with a loader knows more than me. So far, I like the tractor. The loader would be a good addition to it. I used the search but didn't find anything specific to connecting without the scv. I may not have looked in the right places.