Need help picking a tractor

/ Need help picking a tractor
Also, what does a rear remote do? I've never heard the terminology, but someone told me we should get a rear remote for future toys.

/ Need help picking a tractor #12  
WARCAT,
17,500 for the 5525 with FEL seems to be the average. That is what I paid here in Olympia WA. But added a Bradco 509 BH. It seems that BH is not usually mounted on 2w tractors so the dealer, Rod, had a custom frame made to mount the BH via a 4 pnt system. That came to around 25k plus tax and free delivery-45 mi.

/ Need help picking a tractor #13  
As Red River said the 4530 is plenty of tractor to do what you want to do. Also the rear remotes are hydraulic lines on the rear of your tractor, for operating hydraulic cylinders which could be on a backhoe, wood splitter, snowblower chute, anything that uses hydraulic pressure. Enjoy your new tractor, which ever one you choose.

/ Need help picking a tractor #14  
magyarbacsi said:
WARCAT,
17,500 for the 5525 with FEL seems to be the average. That is what I paid here in Olympia WA. But added a Bradco 509 BH. It seems that BH is not usually mounted on 2w tractors so the dealer, Rod, had a custom frame made to mount the BH via a 4 pnt system. That came to around 25k plus tax and free delivery-45 mi.

Well, to be exact it was $17,573 including delivery to my property, which is around 60 miles from the dealership. Delivery was "free" though.

One more question.....Do you take the FEL off when not using it, hoggin and discing and such?

Last edited:
   / Need help picking a tractor #16  
Hi Buckwacker. I have been shopping tractors for about a month. Have looked at Kioti, Montana, Kubota, Tym, Branson and Mahindra. I get prices all over the place. Beside prices, I keep coming back to Mahindra mainly because of size and weight. I am in northern Maine and there is only one Mahindra dealer reasonably close and he is 60 miles. I too had settled on a 4530 and got a price of $23,325 which included ML245 loader and bucket. Then just today, I happened to be at shopping center where same dealer had a 5530 on display with ML266 loader and bucket for $23,480 delivered. This is a no brainer and I am going for it. One hour after seeing the 5530 I went to a Montana dealer (previously planned) and checked out a TYM 45 HP tractor which was very nice and a 43 HP Montana which was also a nice rig. The TYM was $23,000 and the Montana was $21,000. Again, a no brainer. 5530 has 54 horsepower and is a ton heavier than those two. The Mahindra is much heavier and wider than most if not all tractors all other things being equal. Remember, tractor means traction and heavier is better.
Hope this helps.

dlearyfun said:
Hi Buckwacker. I have been shopping tractors for about a month. Have looked at Kioti, Montana, Kubota, Tym, Branson and Mahindra. I get prices all over the place. Beside prices, I keep coming back to Mahindra mainly because of size and weight. I am in northern Maine and there is only one Mahindra dealer reasonably close and he is 60 miles. I too had settled on a 4530 and got a price of $23,325 which included ML245 loader and bucket. Then just today, I happened to be at shopping center where same dealer had a 5530 on display with ML266 loader and bucket for $23,480 delivered. This is a no brainer and I am going for it. One hour after seeing the 5530 I went to a Montana dealer (previously planned) and checked out a TYM 45 HP tractor which was very nice and a 43 HP Montana which was also a nice rig. The TYM was $23,000 and the Montana was $21,000. Again, a no brainer. 5530 has 54 horsepower and is a ton heavier than those two. The Mahindra is much heavier and wider than most if not all tractors all other things being equal. Remember, tractor means traction and heavier is better.
Hope this helps.

Yeah I am thinkin the same thing. If I can pick up a lot more tractor for not much more money, why not.

/ Need help picking a tractor #18  
Buckwacker said:
One more question.....Do you take the FEL off when not using it, hoggin and discing and such?

I think normally around here most owners do not remove the FEL unless they are working in tight quarters where that loader being out front gets in the way.

by the way, I would still recommend "calling" your local dealer just to get a feel of how their customer service is and how knowledgable they are on their product. With email it's difficult to tell this.

RedRiver said:
I think normally around here most owners do not remove the FEL unless they are working in tight quarters where that loader being out front gets in the way.

by the way, I would still recommend "calling" your local dealer just to get a feel of how their customer service is and how knowledgable they are on their product. With email it's difficult to tell this.

We're goin shoppin tomorrow, We've got three dealers, all less than an hour away that we hope to get to.

/ Need help picking a tractor #20  
Buckwacker said:

I disk and mow both ways, all depends on how much I need to do. A few acres, I leave it on, more and I prefer to have the loader off. Tractor feels like a sports car with the loader off and you don't have the loader bouncing around.:( Try it both ways for yourself to see the difference.:confused: It only takes a few minutes to take the loader off and well worth the time in my opinion.;)