Backhoe Need help attaching backhoe DK55

/ Need help attaching backhoe DK55 #11  
If I understand the way these systems work, bumping up against the pressure relief valve over and over will create heat. When I purchased my DK55 used, the previous owner tried to compensate for the weak loader by cranking up the pressure relief valve. Just driving it for an extended period of time would overheat the hydraulic oil and the power steering would stop working. However, I am not sure if using a backhoe to break roots will create the same situation. Have you tested the hydraulic pressure of your tractor?

/ Need help attaching backhoe DK55 #12  
I would definitely suggest not working the tractor as hard. As soon as a cylinder stops moving don't keep leaning on the control for more than a second or so. If you're trying to get thru a stubborn root I go at it with on and off motion and try to change the angle. Backhoe's are very tough on the tractor so it's wise to be a gentle as you can. If you're lifting up the front of the tractor while using the hoe you're putting a huge amount to strain on the tractor as an example. I will push my hoe to pull out stumps but I like to ease the pressure onto what I'm digging, kind of feel it out, I never jamb a control full on from neutral, always ease into it.

Cylinders and hoses will get warm or even hot to touch under a lot of usage, that's normal (I know my splitter cylinder gets hot enough you can't touch that without gloves for example.) but it shouldn't impact your loader valve operation. Possibly the valve needs to be serviced/cleaned. Or maybe the hydraulic fluid needs to be changed out. (These are just guesses - I've not idea why the loader valve would become stiff, I just know that's not normal.)
Maybe post that question in the hydraulic section on the forum there's people there that really know hydraulic stuff well beyond my basic understanding.

E.

/ Need help attaching backhoe DK55 #13  
Jeffy,
Not sure if this pertains to the DK series, the CK series had some issues with backhoes putting more heat than normal into the hydro fluid because the backhoe return line was returning through the remote valve. Their solution was to dump the backhoe return right into the hydraulic fluid fill. No restriction to build heat. A kit with a longer tube and QA connector was supplied with the backhoe from Kioti. This is what it looks like on my CK35.

9D7A3410-5C6B-468E-A83C-DBB7AA14B41F.jpeg

Last edited:
   / Need help attaching backhoe DK55 #14  
my ck35 connects to the 2 right connectors and i dont have any heat issues, how do you now top up the hydro fluid with that setup?

/ Need help attaching backhoe DK55 #15