Need cylinder head for MF 205 diesel

/ Need cylinder head for MF 205 diesel #1  

docrocky

Silver Member
Tractor
Oliver 880, Ford 8N, Ford 9N, Farmall Super C, MF 205, Ford 4400 FEL, Ford 4500 FEL/BH, Cat D-6 Dozer(1957)
Would you believe it from my most recent posts I was looking for a rototiller that my MF 205 could handle. Yesterday as I was cutting tall grass with my belly mower with a new belt and 3 new cutting blades, it started to steam from under the hood. The stem and cap from the radiator had blown off and the radiator was empty. Hours before I had put in a new battery and checked the radiator level and filled the fuel tank. I re-soldered the stem/cap back to the top of the radiator and filled it with coolant. I tried to start it today and it wouldn't fire. then i noted water leaking from the bottom of the exhaust pipe connection to the exhaust. Long story short, step by step dismantling finally took off the head and sure enough the head gasket was shot as well as a small crack in the head. I need a new head. Anyone suggest where they can be found and obtained.

MF 205
series 2745
Sn 101952
Assume it is a Perkins but not sure
fuel pump is a KIKI diesel 104302 6640

Attachments

• IMG_0260 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_0260 - Copy.JPG
    629.4 KB · Views: 1,336
  • IMG_0261 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_0261 - Copy.JPG
    493.7 KB · Views: 1,225
   / Need cylinder head for MF 205 diesel #2  
Engine is Toyosha, where is head crack location, maybe it can be repaired?

/ Need cylinder head for MF 205 diesel
Dear Dieseltech: Thank you for your reply. I am having some difficulty running down a source for a new head but found one in Canada (gplussier@sympatico.Ca). I have attached 3 pictures , 2 showing the crack in the head and one of the numberstamp on the engine block. The crack is as you face the picture at the left hand cylinder at about the 6 o'clock position. Is the number on the block : S 107 MO 3129 of any significance or only a casting source?
Thanks Again

Attachments

• IMG_0252.JPG
    IMG_0252.JPG
    524.7 KB · Views: 789
  • IMG_0257.JPG
    IMG_0257.JPG
    548 KB · Views: 1,135
  • IMG_0258.JPG
    IMG_0258.JPG
    496.5 KB · Views: 808
   / Need cylinder head for MF 205 diesel #4  
I have a 205 also but head has never been off. Not sure if crack is near water passage, depending on crack location it may not need replaced, but head gasket only may fix it. May need to pressure check head to be sure, have seen some heads crack through valve seats that caused no trouble. Will be away awhile but keep us posted as to what you find out.

/ Need cylinder head for MF 205 diesel #5  
Assume you have tried agco. A helpful dealer will do a old stock search for you. I called agco the otherday for a set of piston rings (MF 210-4 ) w/ Toyosha 2 cyl deisel, they were exspnsive but they had them. Tractorhouse shows salvage yards with several tractors like yours parted out.

/ Need cylinder head for MF 205 diesel #6  
Really old thread, Docrocky did you ever get this thing going again? Do you have a photo of the head you bought? Was it repaired or refurbished?