Need buying advice on an old BCS 745 ...

/ Need buying advice on an old BCS 745 ... #1  

mar88

Tractor
BCS
Hi, here from Europe. New in the second hand 2 wheel tractor world. I've been looking for a two wheel tractor for some time now for vegetable gardening and mowing of some rough grass and small branches. (We have around 1 1/2 acre). I found a old BCS 745 from 1987 for sale (lombardini engine, the machine is at a dealer and they revised the engine and all parts) with 76 cm tiller. It looks used but very decent.

I want to use it in the future with a flail mower and maybe a power harrow.

I cannot afford a new one now and this is on sale for 1500 euro. Can it do the job? And is it worth the money?

Thanks.

Ps i attached a foto.it can also be a 735.. i am not sure

Attachments

• IMG_20230202_132845.jpg
    IMG_20230202_132845.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 100
Last edited:
   / Need buying advice on an old BCS 745 ... #2  
They are tough machines and if it was taken care of it should be fine. The Lombardini diesel Is also a good power plant,I have one in a generator.

/ Need buying advice on an old BCS 745 ... #4  
looks like a good tractor to me! Seems to be in good shape and looks like it has steering brakes and diff lock. You will def want the diff lock for cultivating.

/ Need buying advice on an old BCS 745 ... #5  
Make sure you can still get the attachments that are compatible.

/ Need buying advice on an old BCS 745 ... #6  
Welcome!
We have a 732 with 26" implements - BCS tiller and Berta flail mower. I rent a 30" Rinaldi power harrow and rotary plow as needed from our local Farm Co-op. You should have no problem running any of these attachments.
Cheers!

/ Need buying advice on an old BCS 745 ...
Thanks, i was also thinking of a 26" flail mower.