Need advice on pin hole in steel hydraulic line JD 755

/ Need advice on pin hole in steel hydraulic line JD 755 #1  

rly

Tractor
John Deere 755 loader backhoe
I have a Deere 755 compact tractor and there is a wear spot and a pin hole in a 5-ft steel suction (return?) line from the oil cooler, which is behind the radiator. The hole is roughly under the seat area and is accessible from underneath. It's fairy low, near a drive shaft protective sleeve. I can undo both ends but can't snake out the line without probably taking out a whole lot of other stuff first. It has several problematic bends. Can I:

1. Just have a hydraulic hose made up with the correct fittings and abandon the steel line. Won't be as durable but I assume it would hold the pressure and heat and would get us up and running.
2. Braze the pinhole in place, with care. I've used white flux coated (brass?) rods in the past for other things.
3. Cut the line at the leak and use a hydraulic compression (not flare) union; they seem to make such things. The steel line is a few thousands over 1/2' so I'm guessing it's 1/2' and the rest is paint.
4. I don't imagine there is a clamp-on patch, like for water pipes, that is for straight steel hydraulic tubing. Or is there?

Thanks

/ Need advice on pin hole in steel hydraulic line JD 755 #2  
If you read this thread, it covers many thoughts on how to fix a hydraulic line.

/ Need advice on pin hole in steel hydraulic line JD 755 #3  
TractorData.com hydraulic pressure for a John Deere 755
Pressure:2050 psi
141.3 bar
I would think a half inch steel line is a pressure line, so if you can find a fix that will take that pressure all will be good. Otherwise, you might have some wrenching to to

/ Need advice on pin hole in steel hydraulic line JD 755
Thanks. I was wondering what type of pressure we were dealing with.

/ Need advice on pin hole in steel hydraulic line JD 755 #5  
I seriously doubt IF it is a cooler line that it is anywhere near hydro pressure. The cooler would explode.

/ Need advice on pin hole in steel hydraulic line JD 755 #6  
Thanks. I was wondering what type of pressure we were dealing with.
You stated it was a return line and if it connects to the oil cooler it likely is. Max pressure will be in the 200psi range. Oil coolers will not stand system relief pressures nor are they asked to.

I wondered about that. The oil more oozed continuously out of the pin hole rather that shot like a stream.

Still, JB Weld is probably not the answer!

/ Need advice on pin hole in steel hydraulic line JD 755 #10  
wrap some rubber around it and tighten some plumbers clamps?