Need advice on my kioti

/ Need advice on my kioti #1  

K man

Platinum Member
Tractor
2014 Kioti CK 30 HST with cab. 2018 Cub Cadet Challenger 750 EPS UTV
I need some advise on my CK 30 HST which is useless going up hills when on the road. I drive in 2wd and in H range but when I start to climb steep hills it bogs right down to the point that I have to stop half way to change to M range and even at that it is still bogs or creeps and if I go down to L range then it just crawls up the hill and takes for ever to get to top. Any advise on what to do to make it better for climbing or am I doing something wrong. I have had gear drive tractors before but none ever crawled up hill like this Kioti.

/ Need advice on my kioti #2  
Are you letting up on the pedal as it bogs?

/ Need advice on my kioti #3  
Do you have 4wd?

I've learned on the CK4010 that in H range any steep incline will slow it down and possibly bog.
H range is for highway use?
As I was taking large stumps to the transfer station there is a steep city drainage system. It is a short incline yet it would stall. Had to go into M range.

/ Need advice on my kioti #4  
For most hydrostat tractors, high range isn't much good for any inclines. Even in Medium range in my dk45se hst can have trouble too if its fairly steep. In many ways this is better for the engine and transmission, as the relief valve is opening before too much stress in placed on them. Gear drives, for the most part, will power through until the engine stall out.

But, if you find that maybe medium range should be able to climb a little better compared to other HST tractors of same power, check your relief pressure and see if it is to spec. If it is set to low, you will certainly be overly limited. Be super sure not to set it above the mfg suggested setting though, for obvious reasons.

/ Need advice on my kioti
Are you letting up on the pedal as it bogs?

Yes, but does not seem to help probably because it is in H range. Even in M range I release the pedal a bit and it sort of picks up but not enough then when I go to L then it picks up but just crawls up the hill.

Do you have 4wd?

I've learned on the CK4010 that in H range any steep incline will slow it down and possibly bog.
H range is for highway use?
As I was taking large stumps to the transfer station there is a steep city drainage system. It is a short incline yet it would stall. Had to go into M range.

Yes, I have 4wd drive but it is in 2wd when on the road.

For most hydrostat tractors, high range isn't much good for any inclines. Even in Medium range in my dk45se hst can have trouble too if its fairly steep. In many ways this is better for the engine and transmission, as the relief valve is opening before too much stress in placed on them. Gear drives, for the most part, will power through until the engine stall out.

But, if you find that maybe medium range should be able to climb a little better compared to other HST tractors of same power, check your relief pressure and see if it is to spec. If it is set to low, you will certainly be overly limited. Be super sure not to set it above the mfg suggested setting though, for obvious reasons.

now you got me lol I know nothing about relief valve pressure that you mention. How do I check that? My tractor is up for service in the next month or so will get mechanic to look it over. Thanks.

/ Need advice on my kioti #8  
I expected my backhoe would do better than it does climbing hills. I have to downshift to 3rd gear for any decent incline.

I expected my backhoe would do better than it does climbing hills. I have to downshift to 3rd gear for any decent incline.

I understand that on gear drive that you have a H and L range with so many gears to choose from but HST you can only use the ranges and lucky mine has L M H most just have L H. I guess the more I use it the better I will understand the HST versus the Gear drives.

/ Need advice on my kioti #10  
H range isn't worth much (ck3510 here). I just shift into/out of ranges as needed - low or m for filling the loader, H to move to the dump spot and back to l or m when back at the pile.

Keeping revs up (2800) helps on the road in H range.