Need advice for truck anti-theft device

/ Need advice for truck anti-theft device #31  
What about the old chain around steering wheel and brake pedal with padlock?

• Good Post
Reactions: D&D
   / Need advice for truck anti-theft device #32  
Any loud noise is a pretty good deterrent. 150db is loud, rig it up inside with a hidden switch. Have wires in flexible conduit so it can't be cut. It calls attention and who can stand a loud noise?
2023_12_02_14.27.45.jpg

/ Need advice for truck anti-theft device #33  
And the steering wheel club work around.
Seems like every device that can be looked up ahead of time has a way to disable it. We recently had our car broken onto, window smashed, glove box raided. I dream of laying a 440 conibear in there baited with a wallet and a $20, but probably not a good idea. Making sure the vehical is free of anything at all enticing inside, with the glove box left open might be a better option. For vehical theft try something unconventional, like some other multiple layered wizardry that would be easy to use but confuse anyone but yourself.
A) not installed in a way that’s worth a dam
B) I was linking to the brake pedal to steering wheel lock which is more idiot proof
C) How many car thief’s have you heard about carrying a battery drill + bit assortment?
D) All gimmicks are theft deterrents, not foolproof guarantees.

/ Need advice for truck anti-theft device #34  
Just watch a repo in action... hook it up and drag off...

/ Need advice for truck anti-theft device #36  
Neighbors boot their own trucks here... yes, it's come to that.

For me going to Home Depot with my service van was an open invite to thieves... even in first parking space right at the entrance.

It got to the point I simply could not go to Home Depot unless I had someone stay with the truck.

My one man electrical contractor can only work with his dog...

Very effective... Dog is always outside under the truck on the job... people can walk by all day long but the moment feet stop and pivot to the truck the dog is on it...

He leaves his windows mostly down and doesn't lock his truck... dog is all he needs.

911 called once by someone saying dog unattended in vehicle... windows down with water inside and officer said no problem...
Sounds like you live in the pro-criminal state of Kalifornia ..

/ Need advice for truck anti-theft device #37  
There's no reasonable way of deterring tow trucks but there's countless ways to make it difficult so thieves move on. I could leave keys in the old truck I pull heavy equipment trailer with and doubtful anyone would steal it but equipment on trailer is real attractive. When I installed aux fuel tank in bed when truck was new I used a manual valve that has an off position AND must be pulled up to allow switching tanks or on/off. I've found it a few yards from where I left it a few times but they didn't take time to pry tool boxes open. Had a couple hotel managers POed about truck and trailer blocking drive but they know what room the driver is in and most don't make a fuss when they realize what happened. Before my brother died he had a sleeper cab to move our equipment and contracting for others. He was accustomed to sleeping where and when job called for but it ruined his day when someone disturbed him. There were no automatic sensory devices on market then but he put a speaker beneath truck and pressed on button for an endless loop tape player of rattling chain and large dog barking and snarling. A couple of long haul drivers copied the idea to scare lot lizards off at truck stops. Maybe that would work better than alarm sounds on modern devices.

/ Need advice for truck anti-theft device
Just watch a repo in action... hook it up and drag off...
That's what I suspect is the most common way of stealing high end vehicles. Like others have said, nobody but the owner knows that the tow truck shouldn't be hooking it up, and most people don't want to get involved anyway.

My plan is to contact my insurance agent Monday and see if they have any recommendations/discounts.

/ Need advice for truck anti-theft device #39  
I have a Ravelco on my TRX, it is not going to be defeated and the truck will not start w/o the cap.

There is no single device that will prevent all theft (ie: flatbed) however multiple steps help.

Good luck...

/ Need advice for truck anti-theft device #40  
Sounds like you live in the pro-criminal state of Kalifornia ..
SF Bay Area... property crimes are not enforced... need a report... file one online.