Need a source for gathering wheels and mounts.

/ Need a source for gathering wheels and mounts. #1  

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota M9000 HDCC3 M9000 HDC
I'm in a bit of a dilemma. I just bought a NH 450 Utility Baler to replace my aged 638 NH. I opted foe the Bale Command, twine and net and it's a nice baler, the net is at least 2 times faster than twine and the Bale Command is like having a video game in the tractor. I'm so accostomed to stopping and manually twining (with the toggle switch control box) no of which os required with the Bale Command plus you can watch the fill progress via electronics, no guessing and no cone shaped bales anymore.

Problem is, the pickup. With the twine/net option the pickup isn't readily viewable from the tractor, it's under the front cover (where the net roll is located) and it's not that wide and no Extra Sweep option was available. Comsequently, I have to be extra careful and the end of a windrow or when I zig-zag (to keep the bale chamber equal). If not, I miss forage and have to go back and pick it up because it's unacceptable to leave anything laying on top the alfalfa, it stunts it's growth and rained on, old brown hay isn't a good option in a newely rolled bales that I'm selling anyway.

I've read elsewhere (and seen on NH's site) that gathering wheels are an option so I trundled down to the NH dealer and inquired. Not only are they on backorder, but the price for the wheels and mounts are insane, $800.00 for a pair of wheels and $700.00 for the mounts. I realize that NH holds a patent on their mount that articulates with the pickup but $1500.00 for 2 wheels and mounts seems insane to me.

In as much as I own a machine and fabrication shop and copying NH's mount is just an exercise in fabrication and welding (I realize it's patented and I'm not going to sell them anyway), is there a source for the wheels that won't break the bank and/or a less inexpensive mount system?

If I absolutely have to, I'll spend the big bucls, but I'd prefer an alternative if, there is one.

Any ideas?

/ Need a source for gathering wheels and mounts.
Marwin no longer sells garhering wheels to the public. They only sell to NH.. Bale supply sells gathering wheels only 'rubber outer inserts' no hubs or mounts. Same with Apache and Excell. I can't find anyone that retails mounts or complete wheel assemblies for some reason, I think because NH filed and received a patent last year.

At least I have pictures of the NH set up and it's not rocket science, just straightforward fabrication. I went ahead an ordered a pair of wheels from NH and bit the bullet for 800 bucks. Gonna attempt to make the bracketry myself over the winter. I want to stay with the articulated (moves in relation to the pickup movement but slightly quicker NH design. If it fails to operate correctly, I can always buy the bracketry for an additional 700 bucks. Thats a real bite.

I appreciate your links but it's 'no potatoes' so far.

/ Need a source for gathering wheels and mounts. #4  
Marwin no longer sells garhering wheels to the public. . .
I appreciate your links but it's 'no potatoes' so far.

Ok, well, we tried anyway. Sorry that you hit a dead end.

About the only other source that comes to mind is maybe a tractor salvage yard.