Need a new radiator for. 4720H

/ Need a new radiator for. 4720H #1  

bigrich954rr

Bronze Member
Tractor
branson 4720h 6ft brush hog ,post hole digger, ripper, pallet forks,
So i was mowing the field today it a hot one 106 any ways tractor was running a little hot as i was heading in to wash out the Radiator. The Plastic end cap of the radiator popped off guessing the Radiator cap Was stuck closed.

The temp gauge was hotter then normal but not in the H area .

As soon as it popped i drop the throttle to idle and shut it off.

letting it cool and looking for a replacement. All alum radiator for the Branson 4720H

Last edited:
   / Need a new radiator for. 4720H #2  
Oh man I hate to hear that! At least I don’t think that one is as high dollar as the one I had to buy for the 4520. Mine was over $900.00. Seams like that one is about $500.00 if I remember correctly. It may be able aftermarket as well. Take it to a good radiator shop and see what they can do.

/ Need a new radiator for. 4720H #3  
Might want to consider a new custom built one or an off the shelf that would fit.
There are several places that will build whatever you need, sometimes for a better price.
Griffin Performance Aluminum Radiators

/ Need a new radiator for. 4720H #4  
I don't know how things are in your neck of the woods but here in southeastern WA we actually have a local radiator repair shop.

/ Need a new radiator for. 4720H
Im hoping to find a all metal one for it

/ Need a new radiator for. 4720H #6  
I wonder if it is possible to do a permanent, high quality repair to a plastic radiator? The cores are metal, perhaps they could replace the plastic top and bottom with metal ones. (??). There are 5 radiator shops within 70 miles from me and I live out in the sticks.

/ Need a new radiator for. 4720H #7  
The end tanks are crimped on, with a gasket. They can be replaced. The tanks are removed by gently bending the crimps back, and then the new tank gets crimped on again. So you could try to crimp the tank back on. There are videos on youtube showing how it's done.

There are companies that offer replacement tanks, in plastic or metal. i.e. Taalman - Home page

/ Need a new radiator for. 4720H
Thank you guys ill be calling and try to find part monday the 5th of july hoping places are open

/ Need a new radiator for. 4720H #9  
If you have any radiator shops that build them, you could probably have a custom one built to fit in the same space and bolt up to your brackets cheaper than buying a new factory part.

/ Need a new radiator for. 4720H #10  
I hope a radiator is the only problem, everytime I've seen one pop it's because cyl pressure is getting into the cooling system through a head gasket or cracked head....