Need a Motor replacment for Bush Hog 2052 that has the courage 20.

/ Need a Motor replacment for Bush Hog 2052 that has the courage 20. #1  

BHE

Tractor
Bush Hog
My dad has a Bush Hog 2052 mower that has the courage 20 and it shot craps. They dont make that motor anymore I need a replacement. The mower has 1.125 D X 4.3--3.382 with a 1/4 key. I am having trouble finding a replacement motor. Any help would be appreciated

/ Need a Motor replacment for Bush Hog 2052 that has the courage 20. #2  
The mower has 1.125 D X 4.3--3.382 with a 1/4 key.
OK I understand that 1.124 is the output shaft diameter, and the the 4.3 is the shaft length. What is the 3.382 number ?

/ Need a Motor replacment for Bush Hog 2052 that has the courage 20. #3  
My dad has a Bush Hog 2052 mower that has the courage 20 and it shot craps. They dont make that motor anymore I need a replacement. The mower has 1.125 D X 4.3--3.382 with a 1/4 key. I am having trouble finding a replacement motor. Any help would be appreciated
What goes on that shaft? Also is it vertical or horizontal? I have solved a problem such as that, but I need those two questions.

Okay, I looked it up. Zero turn? Vertical shaft? I have swapped all kinds of engines out on those. Easiest for you to do is get one close in size. I would always swap in the 37 HP Kawasaki. But you may not be up to that. Anything around 19 horsepower or greater will bolt right up. I'd stay away from Briggs, Tecumseh. I'd buy harbor freight before I bought either of those. Honda and Kawasaki are good choices. You have to look at the muffler situation. Or get an engine that yours will bolt onto. I don't know if you can fab or not. Harbor freight engines work good, don't shy away from them, if they have one that size. I've only had problems with the muffler fitting the frames and not hitting on frame. So measure what you have and measure what they have, and you should find something. If you get close to the same size and brand of engine, your muffler may bolt up. You can use the old muffler then. Bolt holes are the same as far as fitting engine to mower. Shafts are the same. All you have to do besides muffler fitting is RUN, START, CHARGE, wires. I'd just cut the plugs off the old engine, wire them on new one, truck along with that.

Last edited: