Need a little advice or re-assurance.

/ Need a little advice or re-assurance. #1  

cdaigle430

Veteran Member
Tractor
MF GC2410
I don't know if anyone remembers a thread I posted last year abiout my GC2410 hydraulics shuddering. The dealer told me it was normal for compact tractors so I let it be.

Now I noticed the FEL doing it and when under load the whole tractor shudders\vibrates much more profound as the hours climb. I have plenty of fluid (confirmed full) and as near as I can tell I have no loss of power when this happens. I noticed it is more profound when its hot (normal hot as in normal operation) and when cylinders are expanding not contracting.

I have 52 hours on the machine and have not done the 50 hour tune up yet-the fluid looks normal and I see no foam in it.

The three point hitch is okay except it goes up way to fast for me. Any thoughts? I just don't want to cause any or any more damage if it could be something wrong.

/ Need a little advice or re-assurance. #2  
The shudder I had noticed on mine --when slowing down after working it hard going up driveway with snowblower-- seems to have eased up. Just did the 250-hr service a few weeks ago, but can't say as I've noticed that shudder lately....:confused2:

/ Need a little advice or re-assurance.
Thanks-I have been working it very hard-moving about 30 yards of dirt so that sounds about right. I just wanted to make sure that I'm not causing further headaches down the road.

/ Need a little advice or re-assurance. #4  
I remember your post. I have noticed a slight shudder when I use the dump function on my loader and it even sometimes will stop dumping all together. Almost like it gets an airpocket in it, but only when I fast dump, which isn't all that fast.
I have 75 hrs on mine. As for your 3pt being too fast, just barely lift the lever and it will be much slower. That is what I do. Good luck

/ Need a little advice or re-assurance.
So, the more hours I put on it the more pronounced it gets(Have 65 hours now)-I'm gonna keep going till something blows up but first-I want the dealer or MF to put it pen to paper that it is normal. Then I will come after them if it does blow.

I am also thinking the shuddering might be an out of wack drive shaft because I am feeling it when going in reverse as well and sometimes just when idling-even at 2600 rpm. The drive shaft turns as soon as the engine turns.

I will have the dealer pick it up next month for a FEL hydro leak and to look at it again and get things in writing.

/ Need a little advice or re-assurance. #6  
I noticed mine shudder again last week, after pushing it hard up the driveway, then slowing at the top. Only seems to show itself after a hard push. Still seems to operate OK otherwise, so I'll leave it alone. It is somewhat annoying, though, I'll admit. Tractor's now has 272 hours.:confused:

/ Need a little advice or re-assurance. #7  
try blowing out the air filter.

I noticed it made a difference with my machine, starts and idles a lot smoother too. couldn't believe how quickly it loads up, fortunately the design makes it real easy to service. :thumbsup: