Need a flap for BCS 26" tiller

/ Need a flap for BCS 26" tiller #1  

James Spiva

Tractor
Yanmar 1610D
I have a BCS 725 Two Wheel Tractor (early 90s model) that I have had for a number of years but had never used. I got it from my brother who deals in flea market merchandise and when he got it, it didn't run so he gave it to me. It sat next to my garage for about five years (in the weather) before I decided to do something with it. I took the carburetor off and cleaned it and the fuel tank and when I put it back on, it started up fine. But the PTO would not engage. And the clutch didn't seem to work. It has a disc clutch instead of a cone clutch, which I took off and cleaned and got to working OK. Then I decided to repair the PTO. So I tore the transmission down and checked everything and found that the slide gear on the PTO was frozen stuck from sitting in the weather so many years. Once I got it to break loose and working good, I put everything back together and now I have a fine tiller. Except, the flap is missing and when I till it fills my shoes full of dirt. Does anyone have a flap that will fit it they might want to part with?

/ Need a flap for BCS 26" tiller #2  
Can't help with the flap, although you sound handy enough to be able to knock one up yourself, however when it comes to keeping the thrown up dirt out of your shoes, I'd suggest a set of 'gaiters'.

Those, you can probably find at a gardening centre. Heck, they even sell them at my local grocery store.

Of course, your not having included even an indication of your location means that I can't help any further.

/ Need a flap for BCS 26" tiller #3  
Any fab/weld shop can make one for you. Just give them dimensions. Look up a picture on Google and estimate the size. Bob

/ Need a flap for BCS 26" tiller #4  
Rubber mud flap? I've seen BCS machines but didn't "study" the rear flap.

/ Need a flap for BCS 26" tiller
Thanks, everybody, for the advice. I had tried to come up with the material I needed to make one but didn't know where to go since Home Depot didn't have any sheet metal. Then I happened to remember that telephone pedestals were made of a useable gauge metal. I retired from a job in engineering at the local telephone company. So I went by there today at their lunch time and talked to some friends who still work there and came away with just what I needed. So it will be simple to knock one out in my shop. It is almost completed in fact. Thanks again guys. Problem solved.
A note to you, Wagtail. I am located at the southern end of the Appalachian Mountains in North Georgia, USA. But I am not one to wear boots of any sort. I would rather just keep the dirt from getting where it is not wanted.

/ Need a flap for BCS 26" tiller #7  
These guys are dealers....I bought my 2 wheeler there.

Earth Tools

/ Need a flap for BCS 26" tiller
Thanks TnAndy, I am familiar with Earth Tools and have seen Joel DuFour on YouTube. But I have already made a flap for my tractor. I just didn't have any sheet metal until today.
But thanks again. I appreciate the help. How do you like your Yanmar? and what is an LX410?