Rear Finish Mower Need a 7’ finish mower

/ Need a 7’ finish mower #11  
I paid $600 for a used 7 foot Landpride finish mower that needed some work. Messicks.com has all the parts for it at a fair price, so it was easy to find everything. For me, the big advantage of a name brand is being able to find parts for something years from now.

I really like my 7 foot finish mower, but I rarely use it and now the tires need replacing because it's sat for so long. I should sell it, but it's hard to let go of a tool that I might want to use again, even though I can't imagine why I would need it. I bought a 60 inch zero turn that does a better job of mowing then the finish mower. I also have a 12 foot batwing now, that is super fast at keeping everything under control, so the zero turn and batwing are all I use.

The finish mower was nice for mowing around my big pond. It's 4 1/4 acres, so there is a fair amount of grass to keep mowed. With the batwing, I can get closer to the water, and the finish from the batwing isn't too bad. Finish mower made it look nicer, but the zero turn makes the grass look even nicer then the finish mower.

I ran the finish mower on my 37 hp 4x4 tractor with plenty of power. It's probably too heavy for the 3 point, but since it has four wheels, it just tows behind the tractor easily. Now I just use that tractor for towing stuff like my sprayer, or doing post holes. I bought a bigger 70HP tractor for the batwing.

/ Need a 7’ finish mower #12  
I've heard good things about King Kutter.... For the money. I have no personal experience with them but I'm not sure that matters. When people say they've had good experience with a 20 year-old mower brand, that doesn't say anything about how they're made these days.

The reason I took an interest in this thread is because I'm going to be looking for a 6' finish mower this Summer.

/ Need a 7’ finish mower #13  
Befco makes good mowers also. I have a 20 year old 7' Befco that other than one gearbox seal, has been problem free.
I would recommend solid tires on whatever brand you choose.

/ Need a 7’ finish mower #14  
24 years on a Woods RD7200. Rear discharge. One belt, about a dozen sets of blades. Replaced caster wheel spindles with trailer axle bearing and hubs. Lot of back and forth trimming. Been a tough, well used mowing deck.

Setting up a finish mower important. Front wheels deck setting about 1/2” lower than the rear. Gives better cleaner, even cut, better lift and flow of material under the deck, more mulched even discharge, and lowers significantly hp required. That tilt forward is not built into the mowing deck but made with adjustment of spindle spacers and changes with wear.

/ Need a 7’ finish mower #15  
I’ve got a Landpride FDR3690 that I use with a 60hp Kubota. The rear discharge spreads the clippings evenly, leaving no winrows. It doesn’t require that much power, but the same tractor also pulls a 16 foot Progressive mower.

One of the really good features is the blade design, they are like mini bush hog blades with a crossbar and swinging blades. Gives a great cut quality, but is much more damage tolerant if it hits something tougher than grass.

/ Need a 7’ finish mower #16  
Finish mowers are always for sale on Craigslist or Facebook market place. The landpride ones are super simple to work on and parts are readily available.

/ Need a 7’ finish mower #17  
Woods RD990 or PRD8400. Find a quality used one on FB marketplace. You won’t regret it!!!