NB 4220 w/ BL20 FEL equals Centery ????

/ NB 4220 w/ BL20 FEL equals Centery ???? #1  

MinnesotaMan

I have been looking to buy the NB 4220 with a BL 20 FEL and possible BH. My problem is that the nearest dealer is 400 miles away...HOWEVER, from following strings on this site I have discovered that Century is the same and a dealer is only 30 miles away.

What would the comporable Century package be in this case...also, does a century come with a Cummins motor?

I am a newbie,

Patrick

/ NB 4220 w/ BL20 FEL equals Centery ???? #2  
Yes the century is the same tractor as the branson just different importers. the fel is different and in my oppinion better. I'm not sure of the number comparisons and as far as the new century's they have the cummings engine but there my be some of the older ones out there. If you find one of the older ones you might be able to make a better deal on it and from what I've been told and what I've seen I would go with the older engine if the deal is good enought as they are very solid engines. I have the 3045 47hp yammer and I am REALLY happy with it. I have about 120 hrs on it now and it has been solid and VERY dependable.Really starts great and easy even when it is below zero.
leaddog /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ NB 4220 w/ BL20 FEL equals Centery ????
thanks very much for you imput. Any ideas on the price for a 3045 with FEL and BH?

/ NB 4220 w/ BL20 FEL equals Centery ????
Hey now...You must be in southern Mich... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

thanks again and any info on prices would help alot...thanks.

/ NB 4220 w/ BL20 FEL equals Centery ???? #5  
I can't give you any prices now as I bought mine a year ago and I know that the price has gone up but I paid about 17000 for the 3045 with c50 fel with heavy 72in bucket, r-4s,duel remotes, loaded tires. I'm sure that the price has gone up as that inclued a rebate. I didn't want the bh so I don't know what one will cost.
One of the big advantages of the c50 fel is the quick attach. I have made several tools for it and I can go from the bucket to forks to grapple to stonebucket in just a couple of min. I would also get the c50hl as the extra lift cap. would be nice, It wasn't avalible when I got mine but I sure wish I had it.
leaddog

/ NB 4220 w/ BL20 FEL equals Centery ???? #6  
BL20 and the newer BL20A are also quick attach and have quick attach buckets. The BL20A has a similar mount system as the C50. Both are great loaders.

The "A" loader arms are shaped a little differently and the bucket sets in closer to the tractor, increasing lift capacity. I haven't seen that they have revised the specs, but rumor has it that it will easily outlift the old number of 2094lbs.

Even so, it is probably best if they leave the hydraulics set to limit it to 2094lbs, regardless of the make of loader, so as to not overstress something else in the system. We all know that it is a simple matter to make a loader lift more, but all systems need to be considered.

The 3045/4520 is a great machine. That Yanmar 47HP engine is one of my favorites. Super powerful and quick response with every blip of the throttle.

/ NB 4220 w/ BL20 FEL equals Centery ???? #7  
Minnesota,
Feel free to give me a call. I'm in Western WI and would be happy to answer questions or give prices. I really like the Centurys-- very heavy duty, awesome loader, very sturdy and quick on and off. Very satisfied with dealer support from the company and my district manager.
Thanks
Nick

/ NB 4220 w/ BL20 FEL equals Centery ???? #8  
I bought the Century 3647 recently and it has the new Cummins engine, rated at 47 hp. It's strong, ultra heavy, and for the past 4 months has taken a tremendous amount of heavy work in stride. I've had to clear and grade 12 acres for myself, and it's done everything from box blade to bushhog, drag logs, move rock, etc.
Plus, I gotta say, I love the diesel tank under the step.
No more crawling up on the hood!

anthony

/ NB 4220 w/ BL20 FEL equals Centery ???? #9  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Any ideas on the price for a 3045 with FEL and BH? )</font>

Welcome, Patrick!

I bought a Century 3045 with 50HL loader and Model 86 hoe along with loaded R4s for 23,800 delivered back in March of this year. I have around 80 hours on it thus far and have had relatively little trouble (My wheel hub snapped off due to a manufacturer bolt problem, which was fixed under warranty. Also, I busted a hydraulic line on the FEL while loading some clay). The backhoe is the 8 1/2 foot model, which is not the "standard" hoe they put on the tractor. The extra depth and reach is worth the few extra bucks! Also, the HL loader can do some heavy-duty work. I think this line gives you the most bang for your buck and has domestic support when you need help.

Hope this helps

Eric