Mystery solved with my JD 425, “IGNITOR” ?

/ Mystery solved with my JD 425, “IGNITOR” ? #11  
fuel filter with it transparent shell is not full when the tractor is running, just 1/2, is that normal,

Normal.

Carb, I believe, is your next best bet. Hopefully some better experts can suggest your next best move.

/ Mystery solved with my JD 425, “IGNITOR” ?
HUH ? Just noticed this sheered Black ground wire, haven't snooped (since I know nothing) around the Carb since getting it back from the Dealer, perhaps the jolt in bottoming out in the ditch was the final straw for this wire. If I'm not mistaken, I believe this goes to the solenoid but off to the JD Parts Catalog to confirm.
IMG_2314.JPG

Yup, AM118880 Wiring Harness connecting to Solenoid. In my non-mechanical aptitude way, I can surely (and don't call me Shirley) identify that needs to be replaced. So, would that cause surging?

/ Mystery solved with my JD 425, “IGNITOR” ? #14  
HUH ? Just noticed this sheered Black ground wire, haven't snooped (since I know nothing) around the Carb since getting it back from the Dealer, perhaps the jolt in bottoming out in the ditch was the final straw for this wire. If I'm not mistaken, I believe this goes to the solenoid but off to the JD Parts Catalog to confirm.
View attachment 759976

Could be a problem. Manufacturers typically don't put in extra stuff that's not needed. So I suggest that you connect the wire back to the connector.

It looks as if the wire has had a rough life, I see a spot where the insulation is broken. You may want to follow where this wire goes. Something may have caught on it to stress it in this way.

Could be a problem. Manufacturers typically don't put in extra stuff that's not needed. So I suggest that you connect the wire back to the connector.

It looks as if the wire has had a rough life, I see a spot where the insulation is broken. You may want to follow where this wire goes. Something may have caught on it to stress it in this way.
I haven't touched this area since getting it back after the JD Deler installed a new metallic cam and head gasket + numerous other things = $$$$$ but you're right, force did play a role in the damage, it's not a normal connector, it's molded plastic and can't reseat the wire so I'll be ordering one Monday. Also, after pulling the Wiring Harness out, it appears the yellow wire was shredded as it goes into the connector so barely hanging on, hope this is the surging issue if not, I still have to get this fixed.

That was it! Just a simple $48 part but did take some searching to find it, JD no longer had it in stock, discontinued production.