My Sub $100 Cab

/ My Sub $100 Cab #1  

jimb1724

Silver Member
Tractor
ck20hst
I finished my improvised cab just in time to go out and snow blow after our first nor'easter....

thanks to the input and ideas from my previous post on this topic, i decided to use 1" pvc pipe and fittings $15, topped off with a half a sheet of osb plywood $7 and a $69 golf cart cover......

not pretty, but it works to keep the blowing snow off ......

Last edited:
   / My Sub $100 Cab #2  
Can't beat the price! Looks like it will do the job.
How did you fasten the front to the tractor?
Where did you get the golf cart cover?

/ My Sub $100 Cab #3  
I like it Jim! Something like that may work for me. How is it in the wind?

/ My Sub $100 Cab
chipsndust said:
Can't beat the price! Looks like it will do the job.
How did you fasten the front to the tractor?
Where did you get the golf cart cover?

i used 3" hose clamps around the pvc and the brace for the FEL... i also used the hose clamps to attach the back piece to the ROPS... the i used 1" u bolts to tie the plywood to the pvc frame....

the cover came from golfsmith.com it's the cheap model for $69.... next year i might upgrade to the delux model......

/ My Sub $100 Cab
Tig said:
I like it Jim! Something like that may work for me. How is it in the wind?

haven't tried it in high winds yet...... fingers crossed... that will actually happen later today when the snow stops.... winds are gusting right now...

the cover has hooks built in that would attach to the golf cart.... i'm using the same hooks to attach under the operator platform and fenders......

it's certainly not air tight but the main purpose is to keep the blowing snow out....

/ My Sub $100 Cab #6  
Yeah, that's what I may need. I don't mind the cold. But keeping the blowing snow out of my face would be nice.

/ My Sub $100 Cab #7  
Nice looking setup, anything to keep that blowing snow out of your face is great. Now you just need a little heater. :D

/ My Sub $100 Cab #8  
Looking good Jim. I went ahead and bought a Femco weatherbreak and like you I finished putting it on in the earlier snow storm this past week. Still have work to do on it, but it is much nicer than before.

Attachments

• DSCN0473.JPG
    DSCN0473.JPG
    965.6 KB · Views: 757
  • DSCN0474.JPG
    DSCN0474.JPG
    984.4 KB · Views: 615
   / My Sub $100 Cab #9  
WayneB said:
Looking good Jim. I went ahead and bought a Femco weatherbreak and like you I finished putting it on in the earlier snow storm this past week. Still have work to do on it, but it is much nicer than before.

Wayne, me thinks if you could just lower your sunshade a bit...... and put some lexan across the back, you'd have a cab !

/ My Sub $100 Cab #10  
be careful with trying the new unit out. Winds are gusting to around 40mph right now at my place, prolly be in your area in a couple hours.