My Struck Magnatrac

/ My Struck Magnatrac #21  
That looks like a fun little machine there.

/ My Struck Magnatrac #22  
Where are you located? I have a Magnatrac, an M-1800 with a 16 hp motor. I am looking to sell mine. It only had the dozer blade and scoop. Electric lift front and back.

Magnatrac

http://www.struckcorp.com/download/tractor.pdf

http://www.struckcorp.com/download/MT1800.pdf

StruckCorp

never knew you responded. how much are you looking to get for it? My mother moved to jacksonville about 2 years ago and i havent had a chance to get down there to see her. might be a nice road trip.

/ My Struck Magnatrac #23  
that appears to be the 3000 series and should have the 18hp I/C engine.those stock one gallon gas tanks don't last long do they? that hoe is a rare addition and hardly ever seen. it's the only thing they at struck don't still have any parts . ALL other parts are still available. i got ALL the books with mine. Man, i wish mine had the hoe. if it had i would not have just bought a new JD 2305. my 3000 i call popeye, will soon have to be for sale. crossy

/ My Struck Magnatrac
Hi the cerial# on my hoe is 175 or so. I sure you can get all the parts with the exception of the frame mount which changed when they went to hydrauluc drive .Not totaly sure of that .
Yea those gas tanks are small:laughing: lucky for me I dont have to do any commuting with it ;) Yes it is a 3000 from 85-86
I just got done rebuilding the loader I will get some new pix soon .

/ My Struck Magnatrac #25  
They are a great small machine. I have 2 projects that still need to be done, hopefully can get them done before I sell it. They are more expensive than other of the same type though. I wish I could keep mine but I have no place to put it and it really needs to be used more than once or twice a year.

/ My Struck Magnatrac #26  
EXACTLY my situation , and too slow to drive elsewhere.

/ My Struck Magnatrac
I just added a couple of valves to the loader side so I can use my grapple bucket .

Attachments

• June2010 008.JPG
    June2010 008.JPG
    665.9 KB · Views: 704
  • June2010 007.JPG
    June2010 007.JPG
    662.8 KB · Views: 1,139
  • June2010 009.JPG
    June2010 009.JPG
    687.8 KB · Views: 844
   / My Struck Magnatrac #28  
I know you can't tee into a 'open' type system like that, so shall I assume this is a 'closed' system ?

/ My Struck Magnatrac
Willl I was going to go series after the loader valve , buy my friend Frank T'd it in like that . The loader didn't work unleess I pulled a lever on the new valve first and held it until I put the internal plug in the new valve . I still havent tried the new circuit .
My loader is fed pressure from the hoe , what is the difference between open and closed system ?

/ My Struck Magnatrac #30  
If you tee into an open center circuit, the fluid will follow the path of least resistance, and that will be through the old valve. So by pulling a lever on the old valve, you then blocked the flow of fluid through the valve and pressurized the new valve. You could slip a gate valve in the circuit and use one of the other. You really want a valve with PB.

If you put it in series, the the specs on the old valve should have the pressure on the input and the output the same, due to the fact that activating the second valve, the max pressure would be flowing through the first valve. If the old valve is not designed for the high return port pressure, you run the risk of damaging the valve, Some folks might not agree with that, but facts are facts.